Author Topic: Summer Stories/Trips 2015  (Read 4756 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Summer Stories/Trips 2015
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 10:10:30 am »
Ive never been to Florida, which is strange because ive been to most of the Southern states.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 04:53:05 pm »
I'm heading to California in 2 weeks. I'm going to try to stop by and bother dashv.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 05:09:22 pm »
I'm heading to California in 2 weeks. I'm going to try to stop by and bother dashv.

What am I, chop liver? :(

1049-2600-8730

tpugmire

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »
I'm heading north, next time I'm in LA, I'll come bother you.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 01:05:32 pm »
I'm heading north, next time I'm in LA, I'll come bother you.

Sweet.  ;D You'd be the 2nd VGCer ill meet.

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 07:55:57 pm »
Went to a Tigers/Blue Jays game today! We (the Tigers) didn't do great, but it was still fun to watch regardless!
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 09:13:42 pm »
Went to a Tigers/Blue Jays game today! We (the Tigers) didn't do great, but it was still fun to watch regardless!

Angels are crushing the Rangers this series :D

1049-2600-8730

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 11:18:43 pm »

Angels are crushing the Rangers this series :D

Don't get too comfortable now, Felix Hernandez is going to be on the mound Thursday when the Angels stop by Seattle.  :D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 02:09:49 pm »
I just got back from San Antonio.  That is a fun town. 

The Boy is huge into bats.  So we took a trip to look at bats. 

First stop was Austin.  The Congress St Bridge has a colony of bats living underneath it.  They fly out at dusk.  It's a cool sight.

Then we went on to San Antonio/New Bruanfels.  Sea World, Six Flags, Schlitterbahn, River Walk/Alamo and other stuff around town.  It was fun.  That's a badass town.

The last day we went to the main event of the trip, Bracken Cave.  It's the home to the largest gathering of mammals on Planet Earth.  There are approximately 20 million Mexican Free-Tail Bats in this sinkhole.  We watched these critters fly out at dusk. Apparently, it takes around 3 hours for this cave to empty.  We didn't stick around that long. 

We had a blast.  San Antonio is a fun place to visit.

gf78

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 03:57:06 pm »
Went to Florida for 14 days on June 19th.  Stayed at a really sweet resort in Orlando.  We went to SeaWorld, Aquatica (SeaWorld's theme park), Disney Village, Planet Hollywood and some other local things.  I've never been to Florida so it was quite fun, though hot as hades a couple of those days!

For the last three days, we went to Bradenton over on the west side of the state.  Crossed the Sunshine Skyway Bridge which is friggin' awesome and went to the beach a couple of times.  We spent the rest of the time with my wife's aunt & uncle who live there. 

On our down time, I visited several used game stores, outlet malls, flea markets, etc.  Spent lots of time in the pools at the resort and went out on paddle boats in the lake.  Every night, out past the lake Disney's fireworks shot off.  We were literally within five miles of SeaWorld, Disney World, Universal Studios and all the other attractions.

Our final day there, we went to Myaaka River State Park.  It's beautiful to behold.  But the real attraction for me was the hundreds of alligators everywhere.  Got some really cool pics of them.

I'm usually the type of person that does work on my vacation time and I don't like being away from home overnight, let alone for weeks on end.  But I found myself very sad to leave.  Not because of the resort or attractions, but because our aunt & uncle are some of the kindest people in the world and we miss them.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 08:49:12 am »

Went to Florida for 14 days on June 19th.  Stayed at a really sweet resort in Orlando.  We went to SeaWorld, Aquatica (SeaWorld's theme park), Disney Village, Planet Hollywood and some other local things.  I've never been to Florida so it was quite fun, though hot as hades a couple of those days!

For the last three days, we went to Bradenton over on the west side of the state.  Crossed the Sunshine Skyway Bridge which is friggin' awesome and went to the beach a couple of times.  We spent the rest of the time with my wife's aunt & uncle who live there. 

On our down time, I visited several used game stores, outlet malls, flea markets, etc.  Spent lots of time in the pools at the resort and went out on paddle boats in the lake.  Every night, out past the lake Disney's fireworks shot off.  We were literally within five miles of SeaWorld, Disney World, Universal Studios and all the other attractions.

Our final day there, we went to Myaaka River State Park.  It's beautiful to behold.  But the real attraction for me was the hundreds of alligators everywhere.  Got some really cool pics of them.

I'm usually the type of person that does work on my vacation time and I don't like being away from home overnight, let alone for weeks on end.  But I found myself very sad to leave.  Not because of the resort or attractions, but because our aunt & uncle are some of the kindest people in the world and we miss them.   :'(

Sounds like you had a fun time!  :D Did you find any good stuff at the stores you went to?
Currently Playing:

gf78

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 10:23:17 am »
Sounds like you had a fun time!  :D Did you find any good stuff at the stores you went to?

Found a few games here & there that I added to my collection.  The stores in Florida are like just about anywhere else.  Different inventory, but they all think regardless of condition or completeness the "high end" games like Legend of Dragoon or MediEvil are the same price.   >:(  With that being said, I picked up:

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate for PSP (complete)
Prince of Persia the Fallen King for DS (complete & mint)
Yakuza for PS2 (complete)
The Getaway Black Monday for PS2 (complete)
Dino Crisis for PS1 (complete with demo disc)
Final Doom for PS1 (complete)
Driver for PS1 (complete, greatest hits version)
Pac-Man World 20th Anniversary for PS1 (complete, greatest hits version)
Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix for PS1 (complete)
Urban Chaos for PS1 (complete)
Point Blank for PS1 (complete)
Point Blank 3 for PS1 (complete)
Spider the Game for PS1 (complete)

There is a couple missing that I can't remember off the top of my head.  The most I paid was for Fear Effect 2 and it was $20.  Final Doom is perfect except a few scuffs on the jewel case and I got it for $14.  Dino Crisis complete with the Resident Evil 3 Nemesis demo disc was $10.  Stuff like Urban Chaos, PoP and the Point Blank games I got for under $2 each.  The hunt was fun.   ;D

Florida itself was beautiful.  Didn't want to come home.   :'(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 01:33:45 pm »
Sounds like a good haul! I think Fear Effect 2 is at my local game store for $25 ish

I haven't been to Florida since I was young but I remember enjoying it a lot.
Currently Playing:

kashell

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 09:58:07 am »
I forgot to mention a trip. Every 4th of July, we head to my partner's mom's house in South Carolina. She lives on Lake Greenwood, so the majority of the time there is usually spent on the water.

This time was no exception. The two of us, our two of our dear friends along with our dog packed up the car and made the drive from Nashville to Greenwood. It was about 7 hours of drive time, but it didn't feel that bad thanks to being surrounded by such great company. A friend of mine from Ohio also met up with us that same night.

The majority of the trip was spent on the lake swimming or boating. There was tons and -TONS- of food, of course. When you come to SC, you need to be ready to eat. All of the food, all of the booze and all of the people made for another great trip. Highlights include:

*Watching fireworks on the lake, whilst in the boat
*Swimming in new parts of the lake
*Catching up on reading during downtime
*Seeing some darling friends that I don't get to see often

In comparison to my Key West trip, this was the polar opposite. While in KW, it was non-stop action. In SC, it was non-stop relaxation.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:50 am »
I helped build a shed yesterday... Might go down to San Diego this weekend.

1049-2600-8730