Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 26120 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 01:53:10 pm »
I just grabbed a white PS4 controller and Final Fantasy VIII black label for $35.  Not too bad of a deal.

abe

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 05:01:43 pm »
Picked up Nanostray 2 for $1.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

Veilor

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 09:57:33 am »
Found this for about 1€. Pretty bad condition, but the disc looks playable. Not a lot of scratches.

davifus

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 06:53:10 pm »
My copy of P4A Vinyl finally came in... a replacement copy took 2 weeks to get here... To make it worse the outside is ripped up and has corner crushes. The Vinyl is correct but it still has the warped and shuttering sound like the test vinyl. I dont know if its my old vinyl players fault or the master-copy rice digital has was faulty in the beginning.

I'll probably email Customer support about it but mannnnnnn Im getting tired of going to customer support. First for KH CE a while back for my artbook which is still damaged and I just gave up the 2nd time. Now this.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a drag.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 07:12:23 pm »
My copy of P4A Vinyl finally came in... a replacement copy took 2 weeks to get here... To make it worse the outside is ripped up and has corner crushes. The Vinyl is correct but it still has the warped and shuttering sound like the test vinyl. I dont know if its my old vinyl players fault or the master-copy rice digital has was faulty in the beginning.

I'll probably email Customer support about it but mannnnnnn Im getting tired of going to customer support. First for KH CE a while back for my artbook which is still damaged and I just gave up the 2nd time. Now this.... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what a drag.
Have you tested other records on your vinyl player? 

davifus

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 07:18:56 pm »

Have you tested other records on your vinyl player?

Yeah, but I'll probably go check the rest of my vinyls tonight.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:16 pm »
Found a copy of The Last of Us on PS3 for $8 at a pawn shop today. Score!

theflea

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 10:17:52 pm »
Well had a great 2 days of garage sales and went to the Video Game Summit in Chicago and had an extremely rare game fall into my hands, it wasn't cheap and the guy gave me a deal on it I couldn't pass it up.

First my store/online buys.

Amiibo
- King Dedede

XBone
These where on sale for $15 a piece and I picked them up.
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
- Lego Movie the Video Game

VITA
- Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth3: V Generation - Limited Edition
- Ar Nosurge Plus - Limited Edition (not a mistake, somehow a 2nd copy came in the mail, not sure if I accidentally ordered two or NIS sent me another copy by mistake.)  :o

XB360
Found these on clearance.
- Duck Dynasty
- Deadpool

Now the garage sales.....

A Batman Arkham City Strategy Guide for $2

Three random Disney Infinity Figures I didn't have for a buck a piece.

PS3
Dynasty Warriors 7 ($1)

Wii
Found several games and different sales.
- Nascar Kart Racing ($2)
- WII Aces ($2)
- Super Pickups ($1)
- Hasbro Family Game Night ($3)
- Hasbro Family Game Night 3 ($3)
- Monopoly Streets ($3)
- Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility ($2)

XB360
- An activision light rifle with sensor ($2)
- Scene It (complete with all buzzers and sensor) ($2)

PS2
Bunch of random PS2 games from various sales.
- The Bigs 2 ($1)
- And1 Streetball ($1)
- Pirates of the Caribbean ($1)
- Rayman Arena ($1)
- Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows ($1)
- Final Fantasy X ($2)

PC
Found both these games for $1, theye where both CIB and I figured might be good trade fodder.
- Gangsters: Organized Crime
- Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 3 game pack

Stopped at a sale ask the lady about games and she said she might have something and went inside.
She comes out with a box with a Red 3DS with a bunch of games complete in the box. I asked how much but she didn't know what to ask for it so she said "make me an offer" I said $40? Thinking it was too low but she acted like I offered her $200 for it all and took the offer. lol  ;D
Here's the games.
NDS
- Barbie Horse Adventures
- Imagine: Reporter
- Imagine: Fashion Stylist
- Imagine: Ice Champions
- Wordfish
- Word Up
- Cake Mania
- Personal Trainer: Cooking
- Cooking Mama
- Wipeout
- Nintendogs: Dalmatian & Friends (loose)
3DS
- Puppies 3D
- Nintendogs: Toy Poodle +Cats
- Wipeout 3
- Art Academy
- Mario Party: Island Tour

Saw a sale advertise "video games" and got there early, the guy told me "no sales til 8am" so I waited nearby til 8. and he had a Sega Genesis with games but he wanted $40 for it and none of the games I wanted, he also had a Gamecube and PS2 both he wanted $40 for the lots all had crappy games. I passed. But He also had a Silver Game Boy Pocket, a Game Boy Advance with 8 GBA games and random accessories and only wanted $10 for the lot.... ya I grabbed that. lol  ;)
Here's the games.
GBA
- Paws & Claws: Pet Resort
- Quad Desert Fury
- Britney's Dance Beat
- Spongebob Squarepants: Supersponge
- Namco Museum
- Bomberman (Classic)
- Sonic Advance 3
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
oh but I'm not done yet from this sale....
He also brought out a small stack of long box games for Saturn and PS1. and I snatched these up for $1 a piece.
PS1
- Total Eclipse
SAT
- Gex
- Ghen War
Also got a Genesis cleaner for $1.

Stopped at a sale late in the day and was shocked to see this sitting on a table. A N64 in the box with 2 contollers for $5!  :o 
There was also a stack of games, I got all these for $12.
- NHL Blades of Steel 99
- Wave Race 64
- Milo's Astro Lanes
- Wipeout 64
- Goldeneye 007

SNES
Found this random game for $2.
- Super Slam Dunk

Found 3 Disney Tiger LCD games for .25c a piece.

saw a ad saying they had video games on craiglist, the pics on the page showed all little girls stuff so I figured I'd hit it later in the day due to it was most likely going to have snicklefritz little girl games. When I got there they where open over 2 hours and I looked around and saw nothing video game. I asked the lady and she said "Oh her husband never got them out before going to work." She goes in the back of garage and starts to look through bins and first pulls out a really beat up NES, It had controllers and a zapper, I asked about games and she said she thought there was some and started to pull out more bins of random junk. Finally she pulls out a bin and I see NES games.  :)
There was about 17 games and I pick out a few. then I see a brown bag and look inside it and it had a Dreamcast in it. Had 2 controllers and memory card but no hookups. When I asked price she said she didn't know they where her husbands. She at first asked me to come back tomorrow but I told her i was going to be out of town (I didn't lie I was going to the VGS) so she called her husband and she tried talking to him and she acted confused about what to tell him so she handed the phone to me to talk to him. lol I tell him I'm interested in about 8 games and maybe the Dreamcast, He said he'd go $2 a piece on the NES games and $20 on the Dreamcast. So I offered would you take $30 for the games and Dreamcast and he said yes.  8)
Here's the list of games.
NES
- World Class Track Meet
- Stinger
- Trojan
- Ikari Warriors 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super C
- Metroid
- Kid Icarus

And last Me and my buddy went to the Video Game Summit in Chicago and damn did I get something I wasn't expecting.

First buy was a bunch of CIB Sega Genesis/CD games, I talked the game to take $50 for all of this.
SCD
- Power Monger
GEN
- Earth Defense
- Heavy Nova
- Granada
- Jewel Master
- Valis III

Then after looking around finding nothing but over priced or top retail prices I stopped at a booth and the guy remembered me from last year, we talked about games and he was asking me about what would be fair prices on a few of his stuff. I didn't tell him High Ebay but told him good fair prices for the few items he was asking and I was nowhere trying to under price anything he asked. Well I was telling him how I couldn't find anything good this year at the show and he said I might have something you might be interested in and he pulls out a T16 game that's Probably the second rarest game after Magical Chase.
- The Dynastic Hero  :o
This game sells for over $1000 on Ebay complete. He offers me a discounted price, but I said I really can't spend that much, and he said what can you afford? and I tell him about half of what it goes for and he said deal.  :o I wasn't expecting this and had to take out cash from a ATM but I knew there was no way I could get this game at that price so I bit the bullet and bought the game.
After this purchase I was way over spent and pretty much just hung out with my buddy helping him look for games, I was done, lol.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 10:23:06 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

spac316

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »
Received Dragon's Crown for PS3 in the mail from Gamefly. Used another $5 off coupon, so I got it for less than $15.

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 11:42:28 pm »

Got another handbill today.

soera

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2015, 01:26:29 am »
So this figure arrived at my house today ---->

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »
Grabbed a long box PSone game.
Street Fighter Alpha for $7. I'm not made at that.

desocietas

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2015, 10:35:18 pm »
VITA

- Ar Nosurge Plus - Limited Edition (not a mistake, somehow a 2nd copy came in the mail, not sure if I accidentally ordered two or NIS sent me another copy by mistake.)  :o

Hm, that reminds me that I preordered that game and it hasn't arrived yet.  Checking the order now, I assume it's because I ordered it at the same time as the upcoming Danganronpa... they'll probably send it all in one go. A shame, but I doubt I would've played Ar Nosurge anytime soon.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:24 am »
I finally got my darling little hands on a complete copy of Blood Will Tell for the PlayStation 2. After trading in a few worthless titles that had no place in my esoteric collection, I got a damn good deal. My friend who was with me at the store got a few PS4 titles. Overall, we had a great time and were very pleased with our findings.

argyle

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »
A copy of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon for PS3 popped up at a local GS last week, so I used my 20% off b-day coupon & snagged it. :) I think I have all of the uncommon PS3 games I want now (outside of weird sports games & such). I hesitate to say much of anything last gen is *rare* yet - the only PS3 game that might fit that category is Class of Heroes 2G due to it's extremely small print run.

That's NA titles - if you expand to imports, there are still some hard-to-find ones I'd like but probably won't ever happen *cough*Aquanaut's Holiday in English*cough*.  ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis