Author Topic: SHENMUE 3 Slacker Backer Campaign is now open! Paypal Option Available!  (Read 5858 times)

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING A PHYSICAL PS4 RELEASE!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 10:21:46 pm »
Does this mean it's also getting a retail release? Or is this the only place you can get it?

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess with how much money they've earned it probably will. To be safe though, I'd just but one from the KS campaign just to be safe though.

90snostalga

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 11:00:36 pm »
I'm so psyched about this!  I hope it gets a retail release but its certainly worth the 60. My only dilemma is should I get or for PlayStation or PC?

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 01:24:37 am »
I'm so psyched about this!  I hope it gets a retail release but its certainly worth the 60. My only dilemma is should I get or for PlayStation or PC?

Can't go wrong either way :D

90snostalga

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »

Can't go wrong either way :D

True. I may do both lol.  What do you think the amount they will get for the game will be? It's almost at 5 mill now

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 09:37:20 am »
Only 3-days left to support Shenmue 3!! Be part of gaming history and have your names put in the credits (or the in the game if you commit to certain funding tiers)! Remember, there will be both physical and digital options for both PC and PS4 versions! Let's help make this game be all it can be :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/description

90snostalga

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
BikingJauty I pledged 60 for the ps4 copy!   so excited  :D

I've never done a kickstsrter before. Do they email you with your shipping information when the game is released?

90snostalga

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 05:36:23 pm »
Nevermind I just got an email with the details lol. If I can afford it, I may do the physical PC copy this Friday morning because I would like to have both

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »
Nevermind I just got an email with the details lol. If I can afford it, I may do the physical PC copy this Friday morning because I would like to have both

You are awesome!!

Yeah, I created two accounts to get both physical versions. I'm at $600 for one of my pledges. I've wanted this for so long and am not holding back anything I can't afford (mostly lol).

90snostalga

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 09:29:42 pm »

You are awesome!!

Yeah, I created two accounts to get both physical versions. I'm at $600 for one of my pledges. I've wanted this for so long and am not holding back anything I can't afford (mostly lol).

If I had a 1000, I've give it but I'm broke. But spending money I dont have on Shenmue 3 is well worth it :).... Hey Biking, that special edition of Shenmue 1 you have for the Dreamcast, what all is included?

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 10:03:35 pm »

You are awesome!!

If I had a 1000, I've give it but I'm broke. But spending money I dont have on Shenmue 3 is well worth it :) .... Hey Biking, that special edition of Shenmue 1 you have for the Dreamcast, what all is included?

The only difference is that it comes with a Shenmue Jukebox disk which has around 10-songs from the game on it. I must for crazy Shenmue people, but not really a super awesome Limited Edition.

90snostalga

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 12:26:26 am »

You are awesome!!

If I had a 1000, I've give it but I'm broke. But spending money I dont have on Shenmue 3 is well worth it :) .... Hey Biking, that special edition of Shenmue 1 you have for the Dreamcast, what all is included?

The only difference is that it comes with a Shenmue Jukebox disk which has around 10-songs from the game on it. I must for crazy Shenmue people, but not really a super awesome Limited Edition.

That's still cool. I want the 3 physical soundtrack so bad I'm tempted to get the 250 package as well just to get the soundtrack, as well as the physical PC copy.

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 12:50:27 am »

You are awesome!!

That's still cool. I want the 3 physical soundtrack so bad I'm tempted to get the 250 package as well just to get the soundtrack, as well as the physical PC copy.

Do it :D *being a horrible influence* lol

90snostalga

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 12:40:27 pm »
You are being a bad influence lol...im twisting my fingers on this one...that t shirt, soundtrack, scrolls, an actual capsule toy and all sounds so good right now :-\

90snostalga

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:30 pm »
Jaughty, read the following article about the Kickstarter campaign and tell me what you think:

http://www.destructoid.com/mistakes-were-made-with-the-shenmue-3-kickstarter-296122.phtml

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 04:45:59 pm »
Jaughty, read the following article about the Kickstarter campaign and tell me what you think:

http://www.destructoid.com/mistakes-were-made-with-the-shenmue-3-kickstarter-296122.phtml

I agree with the article to an extent.

Yes, this KS campaign has been ran below average at best, but that is mostly due to Awesome Japan, the team managing the actual campaign. I think there was a lot of confusion when the game first launched as to who was funding what in regards to Shenmue 3, however much of this was caused by click-bait "journalism" that used sensational, unfounded assumptions and stated them as fact. Sadly enough people believed them and because Yu Suzuki didn't clear up the confusion until about a week after the KS launched, the damage had already been done. in the end, however I don't see it causing more than maybe $100,000 in missed funds, and that it the absolute most i can see it doing.

Another huge over site was the lack of a physical PS4 version until almost halfway through the campaign. Had they had this option up from the get go, I could see the campaign standing at 6-million going into the last day.

But overall, the game itself has carried the success of the campaign despite negative press, some deserved, however most of it is not.