pode

x
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:46 pm »
x
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 02:23:48 pm by pode »

desocietas

Re: iOS games, mobile games
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:54:56 pm »
Currently there are no plans to add a section for mobile games as the site is aimed at helping collectors to catalog their collection of physical games.  Digital games have been added as computer games are considered a platform as well, but so far the site hasn't been too interested in including mobile games for various reasons.

It might change in the future, who knows, though... Foxhack, any thoughts?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 08:39:34 pm »
We've mentioned this in the past, but the main reason can be seen here:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5405.0.html

My reply back then:

It's not that we don't think Android / iOS aren't proper game systems.

It's just that games can be removed without warning, they can stop working completely with an OS update, can sometimes be locked to a specific vendor / hardware profile... and there are so many "free" games... the kind of crap that's pay to win, that basically block you from doing anything until you pay lots of money. I don't feel comfortable listing those here.

However I am just one guy, and there's other things that I don't like being listed here, yet are still allowed, so it's up to the other mods to make their opinion known.

The main focus of the site is on physical items; digital games (consoles and PC) were added later on. I've had friends that lost games after their OS was updated and the publisher refused to update stuff so I'm not a fan of the platform. Deciding to add phones as a platform isn't something that should be done lightly.

Sorry if this is disappointing. :(

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 12:58:43 pm »
Thanks for the input, Fox! I couldn't remember where we last discussed it - I figured you'd remember :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas