Author Topic: Fallout 4 is Bargain Bin Fodder  (Read 2317 times)

Re: Fallout 4 is Bargain Bin Fodder
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »
When their game-worlds are arguably the biggest game-worlds out there, a few bugs here and there are forgivable, for sure.

I've played many, many hours of Bethesda games.  With the exception of a couple of game-ending glitches in Fallout 3, it has been pretty smooth sailing for me.  Of course, there are the little things like clipping, dropped frame rates and the like, but with worlds of this size and scope, bugs are going to occur.  It's impossible to test for every single little thing that every player might do to see if it causes an issue.  In a linear game, it's easy as gamers have one path and one way to play.

It's why generally open world games get more leeway, as they tend to have so many random events, it's hard to test for everything.  Even massive hit The Witcher 3 had a large number of bugs and such that had to be patched out and was rushed in some areas with how much they overhauled.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »
I don't get the hype for Fallout or The Elder Scrolls series. They both seems really overrated and people attack you if you ever criticize them.

Rockstar is a way better developer/publisher than Bethesda.

Rockstar makes more stable games, but you can't compare the games at all, they are completely different.  I'd personally take Fallout or Skyrim over GTA, because they appeal to me more.
I wasn't comparing their games. I was comparing two highly-regarded AAA developer/publishers.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 08:26:20 am »
I don't get the hype for Fallout or The Elder Scrolls series. They both seems really overrated and people attack you if you ever criticize them.

Rockstar is a way better developer/publisher than Bethesda.

Rockstar makes more stable games, but you can't compare the games at all, they are completely different.  I'd personally take Fallout or Skyrim over GTA, because they appeal to me more.
I wasn't comparing their games. I was comparing two highly-regarded AAA developer/publishers.

I see what kamikazeekeeg is saying because the only real basis to compare the two companies on is by comparing their games. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us