Author Topic: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks  (Read 10168 times)

Re: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 05:30:00 pm »
I was just having a conversation with a guy about how he thought it was the last PSP game and the system is officially dead and I was telling him that it hasn't released its physical version yet.

desocietas

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 07:09:46 pm »
I was just having a conversation with a guy about how he thought it was the last PSP game and the system is officially dead and I was telling him that it hasn't released its physical version yet.

They haven't said anything on their main website yet afaik, but aren't Gaijinworks also planning a physical release for Class of Heroes 3?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 10:50:45 pm »

They haven't said anything on their main website yet afaik, but aren't Gaijinworks also planning a physical release for Class of Heroes 3?

Yes. In the forum post I linked to Vic mentions that they've been busy with CoH3 as well. Other than that, I haven't heard talk of the physical version (by Gaijinworks staff) since it was announced around the same time as SN5.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

abe

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 09:22:49 am »
Another update.

Got an email this morning with an update on what's going on. I'll post the relevant info here. They also mention that V2.0 of the PSN version of the game with all the bugfixes should be up later today.

Quote from: Gaijinworks
It's been a long road, but the master UMD manufacturing samples for the physical version of Summon Night 5 have finally come in from overseas, meaning we're just a few weeks away from finally shipping the physical version.  We want to thank you all for your patience in this process.  We destroyed the original UMD masters that contained the Acquire Skill bug and created a new build that fixed not only that, but another minor bug and some text errors, so we could release the most error-free physical version possible.

desocietas

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 03:51:31 pm »
I saw someone tweet today that they received their copy, so keep an eye on your inbox!  They hadn't received an email or anything, so it may just "show up."

If I'm not mistaken, there's a bit of a surprise with the shipment, so just a heads up :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:57:55 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2016, 04:08:57 pm »
I saw someone tweet today that they received their copy, so keep an eye on your inbox!  They hadn't received an email or anything, so it may just "show up."

If I'm not mistaken, there's a bit of a surprise with the shipment, so just a heads up :)
Woooo I guess I'll actually check the mail today.

davifus

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 06:55:49 pm »
My Summon Night 5 order came. It came in a super cool box (carefully ripped off the address slip).

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 07:43:12 pm »
I wasn't happy when I heard that the packing stickers were attached directly to the box, but Gaijinworks gives this advice:

When you get it, if you want to remove the shipping label and sealing tape as safely as possible and preserve the shipping box, use a hair dryer to heat the label or tape up and gently pull from a corner as you continue to heat the label or tape. It should come off easily. If it's resistant, try starting from another corner. Once you have it off, you can remove the remaining sticky residue with goo gone (not goof off!).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »
I wasn't happy when I heard that the packing stickers were attached directly to the box, but Gaijinworks gives this advice:

When you get it, if you want to remove the shipping label and sealing tape as safely as possible and preserve the shipping box, use a hair dryer to heat the label or tape up and gently pull from a corner as you continue to heat the label or tape. It should come off easily. If it's resistant, try starting from another corner. Once you have it off, you can remove the remaining sticky residue with goo gone (not goof off!).

They ship them just in those fancy boxes? >:( I can't say I like that too much either. It'll probably be in even worse shape for me once it makes it through customs. :-\

davifus

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

They ship them just in those fancy boxes? >:( I can't say I like that too much either. It'll probably be in even worse shape for me once it makes it through customs. :-\

Yeah, I only really had corner bruises on mine.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

soera

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »
That would irritate me too!

desocietas

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2016, 08:00:01 pm »
Just got my copy, and it looks pretty good for the most part. Just a few indentations, but the artwork isn't badly scuffed or damaged or anything.

Tried the hairdryer trick on the sealing tape and the packing sticker, and they came off perfectly without leaving any residue behind. I'll definitely have to use this trick again in the future.

I'll scan it today before I leave work and update the item record :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2016, 09:02:16 pm »
Ok, I uploaded pics of the box, but I realize that not everyone may recognize the box as being part of the "game."

What do you all think? I also adjusted the name of the item to indicate that it was more of a bundle of items, but I thought I'd see how you all felt.

Maybe it should be called Limited Edition? But only VideoGamesPlus uses that term, as far as I know...

Additionally, I ordered two copies, so both my copies came in the same box. In that regard, I'd probably personally prefer to have the soundrack and actual game be listed as single items as well in addition to this "boxed" version.

Ah, can't decide!

I have scans of everything (except for opening up the games and soundtracks themselves), so I'm not worried about having to rescan anything.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »
Ok, I uploaded pics of the box, but I realize that not everyone may recognize the box as being part of the "game."

What do you all think? I also adjusted the name of the item to indicate that it was more of a bundle of items, but I thought I'd see how you all felt.

Maybe it should be called Limited Edition? But only VideoGamesPlus uses that term, as far as I know...

Additionally, I ordered two copies, so both my copies came in the same box. In that regard, I'd probably personally prefer to have the soundrack and actual game be listed as single items as well in addition to this "boxed" version.

Ah, can't decide!

I have scans of everything (except for opening up the games and soundtracks themselves), so I'm not worried about having to rescan anything.

Since the box is just what they're all shipped in and you get one per order and not one per copy of the game, I don't think it should be considered part of the set. Of course, the box is certainly collectible, so it does have a place in our database, I just think it should be part of a separate listing.

I do think that the soundtrack should be part of the same listing as the game though, since everyone got one with every copy they ordered and it wasn't an optional add-on item. We have plenty of soundracks in our database listed separately from the games that were sold with already anyways so I don't think my opinion on that really matters in the end.

desocietas

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2016, 09:48:33 pm »
Since the box is just what they're all shipped in and you get one per order and not one per copy of the game, I don't think it should be considered part of the set. Of course, the box is certainly collectible, so it does have a place in our database, I just think it should be part of a separate listing.

I do think that the soundtrack should be part of the same listing as the game though, since everyone got one with every copy they ordered and it wasn't an optional add-on item. We have plenty of soundracks in our database listed separately from the games that were sold with already anyways so I don't think my opinion on that really matters in the end.

Ah, I like the idea of the box as being a separate collectible item. Maybe like swag or something.

I'm fine with the soundtrack being bundled together with the game as I totally agree with your logic (the soundtrack itself says that it's not for re-sale and was to come with the game only). Do you think the item title should reflect it? Previously it was just "Summon Night 5" which feels so lacking to me, but sometimes that's how those things go.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas