Author Topic: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks  (Read 10175 times)

argyle

Re: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 01:00:50 pm »
The randomly inserted posters will drive collectors crazy... :'(

It's already driving me crazy knowing I'll be missing a version by only buying one. :'(

Leave it sealed & tell yourself you got a copy where both posters were accidentally included. Problem solved! :D

That's a tempting solution. If I did that I'd probably finally get around to opening and playing the Japanese copy of the game I've had for months. :P

Don't forget that they give you a digital copy as well, so you're basically buying two copies of the game for one price :D It's nice to know that I can leave it unopened if I want but can still play the game whenever.

For some reason this never occurred to me. I had just assumed that the download code would be included in the game, but I guess it wouldn't since the digital version releases later than the physical release. Good idea. :)

Yep, they actually made a point to say that the code will be outside of the game so if you want to keep the game sealed you can still play it. :) Heck, wish they had done that with CoH2G - I still haven't opened that one.

Is that what they did with CoH2G? I guess I wasn't paying attention. I know with CoH2 they emailed the PSN code separately from the physical mailing (I think because the physical version wasn't coming out until after the PSN launch).

Sorry, I wasn't clear - they didn't include a code at all for CoH2G. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 02:23:09 pm »
Sorry, I wasn't clear - they didn't include a code at all for CoH2G. :(

Ohhh, that makes more sense now.  Good to know that I shouldn't be looking for one, ha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 10:18:35 pm »
Really glad to see this. It's been years since any Summon Night games hit the US!

Not to mention it's the first time a game from the main series has been localized into English.

Indeed. At this rate, maybe we'll even get some of the Black/Matrix games one day! :D

Ok, probably not :/

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 03:17:40 pm »
Gaijinworks are doing a twitter poll on UMD variants to see what fans want to see produced:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
https://twitter.com/gaijinworks

Summon Night 5 UMD Voting!
For the first time, we're going to bring YOU into the process of choosing the disc art variants for one of our game releases.   We'll tweet you two possible UMD builds at a time on our official Twitter (@GAIJINWORKS), and whichever design gets the most retweets wins.  Throughout the rest of the month, we'll be putting up new versions on Twitter for you to vote on with your retweets.  The UMDs with the most retweets at the end of the month will make it into production as the actual disc art we use!  We can't tell you how many variants will be produced, but longtime fans will be able to have a pretty good guess - ask them on Twitter, too!  Here are the two up for Twitter retweet voting right now:

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 09:17:50 pm »
Gaijinworks are doing a twitter poll on UMD variants to see what fans want to see produced:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/
https://twitter.com/gaijinworks

Summon Night 5 UMD Voting!
For the first time, we're going to bring YOU into the process of choosing the disc art variants for one of our game releases.   We'll tweet you two possible UMD builds at a time on our official Twitter (@GAIJINWORKS), and whichever design gets the most retweets wins.  Throughout the rest of the month, we'll be putting up new versions on Twitter for you to vote on with your retweets.  The UMDs with the most retweets at the end of the month will make it into production as the actual disc art we use!  We can't tell you how many variants will be produced, but longtime fans will be able to have a pretty good guess - ask them on Twitter, too!  Here are the two up for Twitter retweet voting right now:

Aww, I prefer the one with the moon, but it's pretty far behind by now :( Oh well, it's not like I was going to frame it and look at it every day or anything  :P

abe

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 09:25:27 pm »
Round 2 of the UMD designs are up now. As of now, they're pretty close to even in terms of retweets. The one on the right is winning by two at the moment.

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

thewelshman

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2015, 10:59:57 pm »
Round 2 of the UMD designs are up now. As of now, they're pretty close to even in terms of retweets. The one on the right is winning by two at the moment.

I voted for the one on the left. I'm a fan of alternate gaming artwork. I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for anything Limited Release, so more than likely will be buying anything these guys release.

argyle

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 09:23:39 am »
FYI, Summon Night 6 was just announced to be in development for the PS4 & Vita. No word on a localization yet, but it seems to me that most PS4 JRPGs are getting localized these days so the odds are probably pretty good. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

thewelshman

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:15 am »
FYI, Summon Night 6 was just announced to be in development for the PS4 & Vita. No word on a localization yet, but it seems to me that most PS4 JRPGs are getting localized these days so the odds are probably pretty good. :)

I get excited every time I see a new JRPG released on PS4 and Vita. My Vita collection is growing by the month...would be by the week, but my wife seriously limits my binge spending. Someone linked this from cheapassgamer.com earlier.

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/summon-night-6-lost-borders-announced-ps4-ps-vita

abe

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 05:46:10 pm »
Round 4 of the UMD design voting is up now. Forgot about Round 3, so here it is now.

Round 4 - The design on the right is winning at the moment.

Round 3 - The design on the left is winning by quite a bit.

abe

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 06:47:53 pm »
The final round is up now. The image on the right is winning as of the time of this post.

The game's presale ends on the 7th, that's less than a week now. If any of you are still interested, but haven't ordered yours yet, time's running out.

abe

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 11:44:59 am »
I'm sure that some of you may be wondering what happened to the physical release of Summon Night 5, so I dug around in the Gaijinworks forum and found this post for those of you who may not have already checked to see what's going on, and why it's taken so long. Long story short, a lot of what has prolonged the UMD version's release is the discovery of a pretty nasty bug. Because PSP games on UMDs can't just be patched after release to fix stuff like this, fixing any and all serious issues like this are very important.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?1032-Summon-Night-5-Launch-thread/page32&p=69710#post69710

Here's a quote of what is says in case the link is blocked for those of you at work.

Quote from: Vic Ireland
We finally have a revised image in QA to get these UMDs made! We spent a long time testing trying to get the Yeng-Hua bug to happen and could not do it after weeks of trying and fans sending in saves to maybe help it occur for us. So in the interests of getting the UMD version shipped, we just zipped up the version with the most common bug fixed (Acquire Skill), as well as a secondary bug fixed that only happened in one place. I also made sure all fan-submitted text corrections verified and updated in this new version. Now we are on the way to getting the UMD made again so we can get the pallets of packaging and soundtracks fulfilled and out of our warehouse and into your homes!

It's been a trying month for us, since work couldn't stop on CoH3, the European SN5 release process, and other games we're working on, which is why I haven't been around for weeks. EVERYONE in our little group has been doing this in addition to all the other stuff that needed to be done for other games, so we're a little frazzled. But a heartfelt thanks for the patience as we worked through this. I'll be sending out an email to everyone who ordered the physical+digital to update the status. If this disc image gets through QA with no problems, I expect we'll see it on PSN about the middle of February, and we should have the UMDs around the end of Feb to ship out.

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:51 am »
Thanks for the update, abe!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
Thanks a lot for the update! I was wondering about it recently too. Glad to know it's going under good quality control :) End of February isn't exactly too far anyway!

davifus

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »
Wow, this game totally went under my radar. I can't wait for my two copies.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)