Author Topic: Category request  (Read 1307 times)

Category request
« on: August 18, 2015, 04:34:14 pm »
I have tons of C64 disk games, and it would be nice to be able to add for example 'Commodore 64 Disk'.

Related question; I would like to add what type of case the release has. For example: Single jewel, Double jewel, Clam, Album-Sleeve, Big box, etc. There's a few more. How do you suggest I do this?

Re: Category request
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:45:48 pm »
i concur. there should be distinct cassette, cartridge, and diskette categories for the c64.
all the diskettes are currently under cassettes!

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 02:51:20 am »
I agree, I also have a lot of diskette [EU] for the C64 to add but I'm waiting for new the categories to be added. Unfortunately, it seems no new categories have been created during 2015, I don't know what is holding the admins off from doing this

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:21:21 am »
i concur. there should be distinct cassette, cartridge, and diskette categories for the c64.
all the diskettes are currently under cassettes!

I don't know if it's still the case but C64 carts were all listed under cassettes too. It never got changed so I submitted specific edits myself for the carts I owned.

On the subject though, not just C64 but all retro computers should have cart, cassette, and disk subsections.

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 02:41:29 pm »
there's a subcategory for cartridges now, but not diskettes
when i joined like a year ago there was just a c64 [us] category that all the diskettes were in, and then got merged into cassettes for some reason?

tpugmire

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 04:07:08 pm »
I believe these are on the list of things we need to fix. We're currently working on reorganizing the Atari categories and Nintendo digital stuff.  What exactly would you guys like added?  I'm not too familiar with the C64.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 11:19:00 pm »
I believe these are on the list of things we need to fix. We're currently working on reorganizing the Atari categories and Nintendo digital stuff.  What exactly would you guys like added?  I'm not too familiar with the C64.

the commodore 64 uses a floppy diskette medium as well as cartridges and cassettes. currently there is no subcategory for diskettes.
also, several of the listings in the cassettes category are actually supposed to be diskettes instead.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:23:36 pm by wvdoom »

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 02:54:49 am »
Yes, what needs to be created is essentially the following two categories:

Commodore 64 Floppy Disks [EU]
Commodore 64 Floppy Disks [NA]

As for moving current Disk based games from the Cassette section to the Disk section should simply be a job of posting each wrong entry to the thread Listing Errors 2015 http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5819.0.html

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 01:23:33 pm »
Related question; I would like to add what type of case the release has. For example: Single jewel, Double jewel, Clam, Album-Sleeve, Big box, etc. There's a few more. How do you suggest I do this?
I will do this like that: Barbarian (Double jewel) or Barbarian (Big-box) etc.
Read this http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,22.0.html

tpugmire

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 03:51:08 pm »
Yes, what needs to be created is essentially the following two categories:

Commodore 64 Floppy Disks [EU]
Commodore 64 Floppy Disks [NA]

As for moving current Disk based games from the Cassette section to the Disk section should simply be a job of posting each wrong entry to the thread Listing Errors 2015 http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,5819.0.html

These are already on my list to add, along with an accessory category. I'm not sure what the holdup is, but I'll mention it again.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com