Author Topic: First video game you ever played?  (Read 14391 times)

adjoha872

Re: First video game you ever played?
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 12:15:41 am »
Twin Eagle for the NES. Awesome.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 08:13:34 am »
I've been told that the first game I've ever played was either Sonic the Hedgehog or Super Mario Bros. but I was obviously too young - maybe two years old, so I don't count that. I don't remember what my first game was, I only remember my earliest memory was playing my Super Nintendo with my brother when I was about 3-4 years old. We could never figure out how we did the "Hadoken" while button mashing in Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:08:40 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2016, 06:43:30 pm »
combat atari 2600 (i know im old) i was probably around 10 at the time.

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2016, 01:21:30 am »
I'm sure it was one of these, but I'm not sure about which one was the first I played (I probably tried all three on the same day).
  • Contra (NES)
  • Duck Hunt (NES)
  • Super Mario Bros. (NES)

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2016, 04:42:27 am »
A portable game with tanks vs helicopters.

On consoles was Asterix on SMS.

silentaswang

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »
I'm certain it was Paper Mario, my first console was the N64, I was really young, so it's kinda hard to remember completely, it could also be one of the 3 Mario Party games, and I'm sure my first game was one of these games.
"Lambs are tougher than you. How do I know? Well, uh...".

spac316

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2016, 10:38:02 pm »
Space Invaders for Atari 2600!

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2016, 12:35:53 am »
The game I first remember the most was Alley Cat for DOS, we had a 286 growing up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRYcShKyOk

We also had a Apple II with the green screen and my parents have pics with me with some ABC game...but dont remember that myself.

Matt

brazbit

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 12:23:25 am »
Night Driver on Atari 2600. Friends of the family brought their Atari over one holiday and I remember being blown away by the concept of being able to control something on the television. It was like the best witchcraft ever!

My parents eventually bought that very Atari from them and their collection of games. Sadly Night Driver was not among the titles any longer, apparently it was traded for one of the newer games. I never saw it for sale and never played it again... Until a couple years ago when I started collecting for Atari again. It was the first cartridge I actively sought out. I probably overpaid... who cares? After nearly 40 years I finally got to play it again.

dreama1

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2016, 08:15:52 am »
Night Driver on Atari 2600. Friends of the family brought their Atari over one holiday and I remember being blown away by the concept of being able to control something on the television. It was like the best witchcraft ever!

My parents eventually bought that very Atari from them and their collection of games. Sadly Night Driver was not among the titles any longer, apparently it was traded for one of the newer games. I never saw it for sale and never played it again... Until a couple years ago when I started collecting for Atari again. It was the first cartridge I actively sought out. I probably overpaid... who cares? After nearly 40 years I finally got to play it again.
A 40 year nostalgia is something I can't even imagine.

stlgamer75

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2016, 09:58:28 am »
I was maybe 7 or 8 but I recall playing Donkey Kong on the Intellivision at a friend's house. I hadn't played many arcade games up to that point but I knew what a joystick was. I had NO idea how to move Mario using the Intellivision circular pad so I was horrible at it. Just figured video games weren't my thing until around 1986 when I discovered a Mario Bros cabinet at a local supermarket and began playing that with friends non-stop. Dumped so many quarters into that machine. Then the Nintendo Play Choice 10 showed up at the local bowling alley and I began playing Super Mario Bros....and that is where my true love for video gaming began. Received the NES bundled with SMB for Christmas in 1987 & the rest is history.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

stlgamer75

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2016, 09:59:39 am »
We're going way back here. But I think it may have been BurgerTime on the Atari 2600. It was my older sister's Atari.

The first game that really made me fall in love with gaming, though, was Super Mario Bros. on NES. I could play that game for hours on end.

Same here burningdoom.....SMB was the catalyst for all of my future video gaming obsessions.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

brazbit

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
A 40 year nostalgia is something I can't even imagine.
It made that strong of an impression. For good or for ill, video games became a huge part of my life and this was the spark that started it all. Very few memories are as vivid. My first time seeing Dragon's Lair, the day the space shuttle Challenger exploded, the day I met the cute girl who later would become my wife, the day I married that amazing woman and maybe one or two other events. This was by far the earliest of them though (I was 3 maybe 4 years old)

necrosexual

« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »
super mario world, according to mi madre.
now, i don't remember it, i was fucking a 1 year old lmao.

the first i remember distinctly tho was either super mario kart or tetris attack.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2016, 08:53:50 am »
tetris attack.
Love this game so much.  I miss playing this with people.  Nintendo needs to bring this style of "tetris" back.