Author Topic: PlayStation 20th Anniversary Coin: Anyone know anything about this?  (Read 1853 times)

gf78

http://vgcollect.com/item/90121

Hello all!  I came across this cool coin on eBay, bid and won it for $15.  It's pretty large, about the size of the top of a soda can.  It's made of stamped metal with embossing and color enamel.  The seller also threw in a ballpoint pen with the PlayStation 20th Anniversary logo on it.

It's very cool and I'm glad to have it and all, but I don't know much about it.  Where was it released at?  Japan I would assume going by the date printed on it.  Was it a gift?  Handed out at a convention, keynote address, etc?  I've looked around a bit and can't find anything on it.  Any help would be appreciated!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

Re: PlayStation 20th Anniversary Coin: Anyone know anything about this?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:23:26 am »
well then I didn't find any info about it but this might make you happy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-playstation-20th-anniversary-commemorative-coin-Extremely-Rare-/321625925159
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:30:20 am »
Found this on Reddit. Not a whole lot of other info out there on it.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 11:40:12 am »
I found a different site but it only had one line of text and a pic of the coin saying that he won it. didn't say where he was, who he got it from, or what he won to get it, just that he won it.

so that with Abe's post makes it seam like it was just a promotional thing given out to winners of something.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:42:04 am by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 11:44:03 am »
Thanks for the help guys!  I'm going to do some more digging when I get off work (lame work internet!). 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 11:50:26 am »
Thanks for the help guys!  I'm going to do some more digging when I get off work (lame work internet!).

Lol it seems like every post you make anymore has some mention of your work internet. :)

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »

Lol it seems like every post you make anymore has some mention of your work internet. :)

LOL...true.  This is when I have the most time to get online since home life is busy with kids, pets, wife, etc.  I don't know what the deal is, but the stupid cyber-security crap they run here is wonky.  Sometimes pics show up.  Sometimes they don't.  Sometimes Google works, sometimes it don't.  It all seems completely random.  Not to mention when the HTML code doesn't load right and everything is bummed-up and just crappy text on the left side of the screen.   ???

karyann

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 09:01:30 pm »
That's a very cool item! It seems pretty underground too, I wonder if we'll find out more about it.

gf78

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 10:53:55 pm »
That's a very cool item! It seems pretty underground too, I wonder if we'll find out more about it.

I'm still digging around and hope to learn a bit more about it. I saw another end for $100 on eBay so I feel pretty good about how little I paid for it.