Author Topic: Add another tab for games played/completed?  (Read 1015 times)

dreama1

Add another tab for games played/completed?
« on: September 05, 2015, 04:58:22 pm »
Add another tab for games played/completed? With a score rating system out of 5 across all boards. community reviews would be nice as well.

Re: Add another tab for games played/completed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »
I was thinking the other day that a checkbox or someway to indicate which games we have completed would be nice.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »
I already kind of do this. Collection is games that I currently own, wishlist is games that I previously owned, sell list is games that I have never owned but have played legally.

karyann

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 08:45:54 pm »
Matt once said that there are few fields because he felt like adding too many would make it feel like filling out a form to add a game to one's collection, and people wouldn't want to use the site if it felt like a chore. Since we have many requests for such specific fields, it would indeed become much like a long form to fill out.

However, while I agree with him, it seems like new fields are requested regularly, I guess it would be worth it to try and find a way to add more possibilities without cluttering the space. I can't promise anything, but I'll add it to a list of things to take a look at.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:49:59 pm by karyann »

telly

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 09:09:38 pm »
Under every game in my collection I put whether it's unfinished/beat/completed in the notes... it isn't exactly elegant, but at least you can do that to keep track of things for now.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 12:07:37 pm »
I think it's a good idea, but I think that's what sets this site apart from backloggery, if you've beaten the game, just put a special character in the notes and put your personal rating like: Rating: 4/5 or however you want to. That's why I think the notes section is great, you can put anything you want in it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 12:45:34 pm »
One solution that I think would work would be an option to make custom lists in addition to wish list and sell list. That way people can make their own "finished" list, "dupe" list, "pre-ordered" or "finished" list or whatever they want to title it  :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 07:23:26 pm »
One solution that I think would work would be an option to make custom lists in addition to wish list and sell list. That way people can make their own "finished" list, "dupe" list, "pre-ordered" or "finished" list or whatever they want to title it  :)
That's a pretty good idea, but I have no idea how hard it'd be to implement. Having done some web design before, I don't know if that's feasible to be done quickly.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."