Author Topic: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks  (Read 10169 times)

abe

Re: Summon Night 5 Physical Copy from Gaijinworks
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2016, 10:27:43 pm »
Since the box is just what they're all shipped in and you get one per order and not one per copy of the game, I don't think it should be considered part of the set. Of course, the box is certainly collectible, so it does have a place in our database, I just think it should be part of a separate listing.

I do think that the soundtrack should be part of the same listing as the game though, since everyone got one with every copy they ordered and it wasn't an optional add-on item. We have plenty of soundracks in our database listed separately from the games that were sold with already anyways so I don't think my opinion on that really matters in the end.

Ah, I like the idea of the box as being a separate collectible item. Maybe like swag or something.

I'm fine with the soundtrack being bundled together with the game as I totally agree with your logic (the soundtrack itself says that it's not for re-sale and was to come with the game only). Do you think the item title should reflect it? Previously it was just "Summon Night 5" which feels so lacking to me, but sometimes that's how those things go.

I'd agree with swag, since it's a vague enough category that pretty much anything works there if there's no other suitable category.

As for the title of the game's listing, that's a little harder to say. The fact that it was bundled with the soundtrack should certainly be mentioned in the description field, but whether or not it should be reflected in the title is less obvious (to me, at least). I would say go with whatever Gaijinworks called it, but I think they only ever referred to it as Summon Night 5 and not some kind of bundle or whatever. However, because it is the only physical North American release of the game, simply using Summon Night 5 for the database entry shouldn't cause any confusion.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

desocietas

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »
However, because it is the only physical North American release of the game, simply using Summon Night 5 for the database entry shouldn't cause any confusion.

Right, so there won't be any other physical versions that people would confuse this with. The only confusion would be if someone purchased this from a reseller but only got the game or soundtrack by itself, but that's no different from how other bundles have been broken up.

Cool, thanks for talking this out with me! If other folks have any thoughts, feel free to chime in!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 09:18:51 am »
However, because it is the only physical North American release of the game, simply using Summon Night 5 for the database entry shouldn't cause any confusion.

Right, so there won't be any other physical versions that people would confuse this with. The only confusion would be if someone purchased this from a reseller but only got the game or soundtrack by itself, but that's no different from how other bundles have been broken up.

Cool, thanks for talking this out with me! If other folks have any thoughts, feel free to chime in!

Glad to help. :)

karyann

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2016, 07:40:53 pm »
I hope I get mine soon! Those pictures make me drool a bit.  :o

kashell

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »
Has anyone had a chance to play it yet?

abe

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »

I haven't gotten my physical copy in the mail yet, but the game released digitally a while back now and anyone who ordered a physical copy got a download code for it too. I've played the download version a little bit on my PSP and it's pretty good. Very text-heavy, interesting story with likable characters. The battles themselves are alright, though it hasn't dethroned (and likely won't dethrone) Disgaea or Fire Emblem as my favorite new strategy RPG series. It's really nice looking, and the music is great too. Really relaxing, like BGM you'd expect from a visual novel. Unfortunately, I haven't really played that much yet. I got distracted by something a while ago and kinda forgot about it. :-[

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »

If you're interested in the digital version, let me know, and I might be able to help you out ;)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:30 am »
I only got through the prologue, so I haven't had a chance to participate in any battles. I started with the girl and gave the voice a scarf. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

For now, all I can say is that the game looks nice. It sounds nice (save for that opening theme...yikes). It looks like it was well-translated. It's just a bit wordy. The prologue took a long time to get through.

abe

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 08:32:56 am »
For now, all I can say is that the game looks nice. It sounds nice (save for that opening theme...yikes).

I'm pretty sure if you hold the triangle button while the game starts up you'll get the proper Japanese OP. It's something like that anyways. Much better than the English version, IMO.

kashell

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 08:43:42 am »
For now, all I can say is that the game looks nice. It sounds nice (save for that opening theme...yikes).

I'm pretty sure if you hold the triangle button while the game starts up you'll get the proper Japanese OP. It's something like that anyways. Much better than the English version, IMO.

Really? I'll have to remember that.

In some way, I'm glad to see that the Working Designs song girl is still singing. On the other hand, those lyrics...I can't even.

abe

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 11:09:27 am »
Finally got mine in the mail today and fortunately the shipping box was actually in decent condition. ;D The corners aren't even dented that bad. I'll have to try the hair dryer trick later to remove the shipping label.

desocietas

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 12:33:53 pm »
Awesome! The trick worked on the clear packing tape as well for me. Nice to have it free of all adhesives.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:07 pm »
That hairdryer trick works really well! It didn't even leave any sticky crap behind! :o I'm going to be doing this a lot more often. :D

Thanks for posting that, Deso. :)

karyann

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:23 am »
I just got mine too! The box looks like it's in great shape, so I'm definitely keeping it also.  8) Can't wait to try it out (though I said that for Class of Heroes 2G and have yet to put it in my PS3...haha)