Author Topic: Should i get Starfox Zero?  (Read 1095 times)

Should i get Starfox Zero?
« on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »
Anyone on here get it yet? It got mixed reviews and my brother hates it. I am questioning if I should get it or not. Should I get it right away, wait for a sale or never get it based on your playthrough so far?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Should i get Starfox Zero?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 11:36:56 pm »
It's a game for Star Fox fans, not for newcomers due to the control scheme-it isn't newbie friendly. Play Star Fox 64 3DS first (if you have a 3DS) then if you enjoyed it, I say get it. I enjoyed it more after the tutorial and training mode. Takes awhile to get used to but once you get the controls down, it's a great game.

Badges

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 11:43:32 pm »
Played two levels and it's a fine game.  Would've been better had it been a sequel than more of a remake.  The controls are just alright.  The motion controls are mostly an unnecessary addition to the game and it's a shame they can't be turned off.  Others I've seen don't have a problem with the controls, but I hate pretty much all motion control use.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 12:06:35 am »
Played two levels and it's a fine game.  Would've been better had it been a sequel than more of a remake.  The controls are just alright.  The motion controls are mostly an unnecessary addition to the game and it's a shame they can't be turned off.  Others I've seen don't have a problem with the controls, but I hate pretty much all motion control use.
I'm right there with you about the motion controls. I respect Nintendo for trying to innovate but I don't respect them when they try to force it on people. If they do an NX port, I'm sure they'll give people the option to turn it off completely since most people are complaining about it.

Badges

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:23:39 am »

Man that is some bs, i am a lazy gamer lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 02:37:50 am »
They aren't terrible controls, like with Splatoon, but also like with Splatoon, I'd rather just use a controller.  It feels smoother and if I'm gonna play for a couple hours at a time, I don't want to be swinging and wiggling around.  Those are short term novelty things.  I don't mind some games with very minor motion controls, like with the PS4 dualshock, but motion controls hurt a lot of games to me, particularly a lot of Wii games for Zelda and Mario.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:37:05 am »
If you like Starfox, you'll like this.  If you just submit to the game and just go with the motion controls, it works.  Then there's one glaring thing everyone is missing.

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE MOTION CONTROLS!

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:12 am »
If you like Starfox, you'll like this.  If you just submit to the game and just go with the motion controls, it works.  Then there's one glaring thing everyone is missing.

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE MOTION CONTROLS!

No, motion controls cannot be turned off when you're locking on, especially when you're playing as that bipedal chicken thing.

Badges

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 12:48:57 pm »
You know what game was great with motion controls?  WarioWare Smooth Moves.