Author Topic: Nintendo's future.  (Read 1001 times)

Nintendo's future.
« on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:09 am »
With the passing of Satoru Iwata, do you think that Kimishima will turn Nintendo around? on day one he mentioned a major reconstruction. How will this affect wii u, NX and of course Zelda U? I want to know people's opinions about this? IMO in think it is to early to tell. Maybe by the end of 2015 and of course E3 2016 we will know.899999999999999999999
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Nintendo's future.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 01:28:59 am »
I heard he only has a 1 year contract (I couldn't tell you where I read it, now, though). So it sounds like he's temporary until they can find someone they feel is a better fit.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 01:56:18 am »
Yeah I've also heard that his position is essentially temporary, more of just filling the position, but that they could vote to make him permanent unless they find someone better later on.  I think it'll depend entirely on the features of the NX when they officially announce it.  That more than anything else done will decide whether Nintendo will continue to struggle on or recover.  I don't even expect them to go huge, I just want them in the black, selling comfortably, putting on a better front than what the Wii U is doing.

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:10:47 pm »
Considering Iwata's passing was due to an illness, I don't think Kimishima is just there to fill the position, personally.  There was time to prepare for a successor I'd like to think.  If the NX is another bomb, I could see Nintendo pulling from the console market (assuming that's what the NX even is or if there is even a market for consoles in the next couple years) but I can't imagine them leaving the handheld market any time soon despite the competition from mobile.  If you make a parallel to Sega with the one-two punch of Saturn and Dreamcast knocking them out of the competition, I'm not really sure that's an accurate comparison for Nintendo.  Sega never had the handheld market to buoy them or even a Wii level success.

TL;DR: I'd be shocked to see Nintendo leave video games or even hardware manufacturing in my life time.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 04:21:20 pm »
It was unexpected. He got a surgery that was thought to have gone well, but he died due to complications from that surgery.