Author Topic: random acts of kindness  (Read 1147 times)

random acts of kindness
« on: September 22, 2015, 09:10:36 pm »
so today I went to buy some games from my local pawn store with my daughter. when I got home and opened the bag there was an extra DS game in there. zhuzhu pets with a note stuck to it.
from your friends at worldwide.
it made my daughters day
anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

Re: random acts of kindness
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:07:32 am »
That's really cool glad to hear. For me I tend to make a lot of friends at local game stores, I used to spend a lot of time at this really awesome locally owned game store. I went in once cause I had a broken nes game, the little tabs on the inside were broken, I went in with the intention to buy the right tool to get into it and they guy there takes it, opens it up and fixes it for free and then gave me the tool all free of charge. They also used to give me discounts on their already cheaper prices, I got Fire Emblem on the gamecube and cubivore both complete for $40 from these guys... To be fair I did also buy my Metal Slug 5 AES from them too. Still though they didn't have to do that really awesome guys.

theflea

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:14:44 am »
I biggest act of kindness I can say I've had as far as my game collection goes. Is from a fellow VGCollector.

I was contacted and asked if I would like a Digiblast both Blue and Silver and he offered them to me for free.
And he paid to ship them to me from Europe. I was taken aback from this act of kindness, I total stranger offering to ship me a couple handhelds I was missing plus a couple games.
This act of kindness really is special and makes these two now pieces in my collection even more special to me.
Every time I show my friends those DigiBlasts and tell them the story they Think I'm making it up. lol
And if that fellow VGCollector is reading this, I thank you again.  :D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »
Very cool stuff!

The one I can think of is a trade on a comic message board. Traded him some 90s X-Men books for a PS2. With the PS2 he also included extra controllers, a DVD playback kit with the remote, and a few games. But best of all, which he didn't mention in the trade, was a black-label copy of FF7!

aliensstudios

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 02:07:52 pm »
A fellow vgcollector sold me some games plus included cart sleeves with them. They threw an extra game in too. They went above and beyond and it really made my day.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 07:36:07 pm »
I'm glad everyone is telling VGCollect stories. We take care of our own.  :)

I've had folks on here that have randomly sent stuff to me just because they knew I was looking for it.

As for out there in the real world, my #1 was James at Thrillhouse Games in Tulsa hooking me up huge on Fire 'n Ice. At the time it was an $80 game and I was going to leave it laying. I didn't want to drop the cash. James could see how much I wanted it and told me to make an offer. I told him he wouldn't take my offer. He insisted I try him. Needless to say, I got a very good price on it. Awesomeness from one collects to another.

pacpix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »
I once received a surprise gift in the mail from a VGCollector  with some awesome Pac-Man arcade tokens inside!  :) It is just another great example of why I love the community here.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:21:34 pm »
a guy I used to see when swimming gave me his entire Sega CD collection and Virtual boy for free.
super nice guy