Author Topic: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24625 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2015, 05:45:03 pm »
Yo flea! Got a question.

How do you find garage sales to go to? Do you just drive around or do you have a method?

davifus

« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2015, 05:46:58 pm »
I had a good day this morning. I was working my little shift at Gamestop when this older lady came in and asked if we took Gameboy color games. I told her no but told her a few places that did. I asked if I could see the games and she pulls out 3 sealed games. Zelda seasons, Zelda ages, and Super mario bros deluxe. I started to shake at the knees a little. I told her I was definitely interested and asked her what she wanted for them. She said I could have them. I was shocked. She then said they were going to go on her garage sale for $1 each. I gave her the $3 and then she handed me over 3 more sealed Gamecube games. 2 copies of the collector's edition of Zelda and the Ocarina of time Master quest.

6 sealed games for $3 ................ I've been freaking out all day. :O

Buttery Smooth
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

pacpix

« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »
I had a good day this morning. I was working my little shift at Gamestop when this older lady came in and asked if we took Gameboy color games. I told her no but told her a few places that did. I asked if I could see the games and she pulls out 3 sealed games. Zelda seasons, Zelda ages, and Super mario bros deluxe. I started to shake at the knees a little. I told her I was definitely interested and asked her what she wanted for them. She said I could have them. I was shocked. She then said they were going to go on her garage sale for $1 each. I gave her the $3 and then she handed me over 3 more sealed Gamecube games. 2 copies of the collector's edition of Zelda and the Ocarina of time Master quest.

:o Wow that is a fantastic deal!  :o
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

theflea

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2015, 05:55:46 pm »
Yo flea! Got a question.

How do you find garage sales to go to? Do you just drive around or do you have a method?

Several ways, first I look up my local newspaper's and see what they list, then check craigslist and see what they list. Once I find the ones that list gaming stuff I pick which one(s) to hit first and then while am heading for the next one I hit every sale I see a sign for on the way. There are a few other tricks I use, come garage sale'n with me and you see for your self.  ;)

Great deal Soera, gotta love those kind of deals.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"

doafan

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/tDFSxZK.jpg

Some of the stuff here I've had for a while. I just never got around to posting.

Damn there are indeed pretty good additions and no offense but the way you used to take the image is fucking amazing just wondering if the one at back of the Mario NES cartridge is a N64  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2015, 06:03:01 pm »
Yo flea! Got a question.

There are a few other tricks I use, come garage sale'n with me and you see for your self.  ;)

The fact that you are so close makes this tempting. Talk to me next spring/summer when the sales start up again and I may just have a post like Flea in here guys.

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2015, 07:41:08 pm »
Congrats on the Titler flea!

soera

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2015, 11:46:23 pm »

Wanna double your money  :P lol

Nice catch! what are you going to do with that second sealed OoT/MQ?

Its just one Master quest and 2 of the collector's editions. Im not sure what I have in mind to do with them. Im still in shock I got them. :)

gf78

« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2015, 08:58:55 am »

Wanna double your money  :P lol

Nice catch! what are you going to do with that second sealed OoT/MQ?

Its just one Master quest and 2 of the collector's editions. Im not sure what I have in mind to do with them. Im still in shock I got them. :)

Congratulations.  I know what I would have done...probably creamed my jeans!   :o  In all seriousness, those games are what I would consider "pillars" in a Zelda collection.  They are some of the hardest and/or most expensive to obtain. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:53 pm »
got an Elgato Game Capture HD. I went with this one over the HD60 cause I can capture Component though this one and not the HD60

spac316

« Reply #130 on: October 20, 2015, 10:14:48 pm »
I finally have a PSP now! Bought it from a fella for $50. Came with God Of War Chains of Olympus, Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep and GTA Liberty City Stories! It also had a Memory stick with Some games on it like Tekken 6, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X among others.

Edit: Well...shoot. Those games on the memory stick can no longer be accessed. When I registered it on my PS3, I guess it rendered the original seller's account useless. Oh well, I'm still happy I got it.
On the plus side, anybody remember when Sony suffered that security breach 4 years back and they gave us a selection of free games to make up for it? I downloaded a couple of the PSP games they gave out so now I can FINALLY play them after they were sitting in my HDD for so long!
They are, Pursuit Force and Pinball Heroes, with an Uncharted themed board.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:21:51 am by spac316 »

Warmsignal

« Reply #131 on: October 20, 2015, 11:53:13 pm »
Stopped in to a local place to check the 32x stash, and luckily they still have some stuff, but I'm gonna space it out over a few weeks. Here's what I grabbed today. Already had Doom, but for $5 I thought the manual was worth having.

gf78

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2015, 08:38:00 am »
I finally have a PSP now! Bought it from a fella for $50. Came with God Of War Chains of Olympus, Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep and GTA Liberty City Stories! It also had a Memory stick with Some games on it like Tekken 6, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X among others.

Nice going!  The PSP was/is a really great handheld.  Make sure to pick up a copy of Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.  It has the new game and the original versions of Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.  You can find brand-new/sealed copies for under $20.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2015, 02:29:46 pm »
got an Elgato Game Capture HD. I went with this one over the HD60 cause I can capture Component though this one and not the HD60

Nice! Yeah, we're considering getting the internal Elgato or another internal CC, but we love our regular HD for the component capabilities. We do a lot of streaming with older consoles, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2015, 02:48:43 pm »

Nice! Yeah, we're considering getting the internal Elgato or another internal CC, but we love our regular HD for the component capabilities. We do a lot of streaming with older consoles, too.

Why the Elgato HD over Hauppauge HD PVR 2?