Author Topic: Fall Stories/Trips 2015  (Read 1556 times)

kashell

Fall Stories/Trips 2015
« on: October 01, 2015, 11:20:28 am »
Inspired by Telly's summer thread! Fall is now in full swing since we are in the lovely month of October. What has been everyone doing with their time? Share your trips and stories below. It doesn't necessarily have to be about going somewhere; just mention something fun you did.

At the start of Fall, we went to the Tennessee State Fair. It was a good way to ring in the season, even though it was slightly crowded. We went on a few rides, acted like children as we attempted to run into other children on the bumper cars, and we enjoyed high calorie fair food.

telly

Re: Fall Stories/Trips 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:28:00 am »
Did you get anything weird and fried at the fair? I remember seeing things like deep fried pickles and Snickers  :o

Like I said in the general topic, I'm going apple picking this weekend. I go with a huge group and we always walk away with about ten bags of apples to share between us. It was a blast last year so I'm pretty excited! Also can't leave without some doughnuts and cider too.
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:37:36 am »
Not at the fair, but I have had (and thoroughly enjoyed) fried Oreos before. My arteries probably hated me for it, but eh...details.

Enjoy the apple picking! I haven't had the chance to do that since I was a kid, but I remember it being lots of fun. It might be more fun now that I'm an adult.

soera

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 12:17:11 pm »
Im taking the family to Tampa in a month. My side of the family lives there and its going to be a surprise for my mom. Plus my daughter's birthday is Halloween so we are going to celebrate part of it there.

telly

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 09:32:15 am »
Went on my apple picking this weekend! It was very cold and rainy, so I didn't stay out to pick long, but I still got about a quarter of a bushel, which was fine for me; I didn't need a ton of apples. I think I got some Ida Red, McIntosh, Red Delicious and others. I also picked up some cider and a yummy cinnamon doughnut :)
Currently Playing:

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 11:40:45 pm »
Ever drink with a millionaire? well i did today, and if you met him, you would never think he was rich. Very friendly and laid back.haha
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:26:20 pm »
Planing a few small trips for the holidays. Maybe visit a retro game store or two while I'm out.

kashell

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »
On Halloween, friends from Atlanta and Rhode Island came to Nashville for their yearly pub crawl. Every year, they decide on a major city that has at least 13 bars next to one another and spend the day going to them the entire afternoon. We left after the fifth bar because we had to sober up for the trick-or-treaters, but man it was a great time. Even though I live here, it's always neat seeing everyone react to honky-tonks. Also, every bar had live music. And each artist was good. Like, annoyingly good. I am just shocked at how much musical talent there is in this city.

But yeah, it was great to see everyone, make new friends and enjoy the city before the freaks arrived in the evening. It was also amusing watching everyone put on cowboy hats...damn tourists. XD

kashell

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 08:23:02 am »
Last weekend, we went to my hometown of Cleveland, OH for some merriment. We got in on Thursday and met up with my folks and both of my brothers. We went to a local pizza joint called Dewey's and it was perfect. After that, my partner and I went to my friend's house for the night since my folk's house is getting work done.

The next day was jam packed with friends. The day started at First Watch for breakfast. We went to the Exchange for some bargain hunting, then went to Melt for amazing sandwiches. For dinner, we went to the Clifton Martini Lounge and then finished the night off at Twist. It was a doozy; non-stop from start to finish and so much fun.

Saturday was a wedding. Folks need to take notes because that was how a wedding should be done. You take about a half hour for the ceremony and then let the drinking and celebrating begin. The ceremony and the reception were in the same location, which was genius. It was a blast; I hardly left the dance floor.

We got back into town yesterday. This was a wonderful trip, but I'm worn out and glad to be home.

telly

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 03:53:09 pm »
Sounds like fun man! I'm getting really excited for Thanksgiving myself, we're having a lot of family over, and the fact that it will be close to the end of the school year will also be a welcome break :)
Currently Playing:

rayne315

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 05:03:06 pm »
Im going on a 14 hour trip with my mother and step-father the weekend after thanksgiving to go and see my brother at his new place. I'm looking forward to it and to try and find something new and rare for my collection.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully