Author Topic: My Game Collection (Android) now has support for importing VGCollect games!  (Read 2450 times)

Hi Guys,

I just finished another update on My Game Collection (I'm the passionate & responsive Dev :)), and this one brings support for importing you VGCollect games! (next to a lot of other import possibilities, and a lot of other stuff)

For those of you who don't know My Game Collection:

MGC is the most popular, most advanced game, hardware, amiibo & skylanders library tracker on Android, created with a gamers passion.

It uses the latest tools, and has a fast and modern user interface. Not only is it the better choice, it can also be used for free for as long as you want :)

Freshly launched page (because Google Play has a lot of limitations for showing the app): http://www.my-game-collection.com
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tuyware.mygamecollection

Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 05:18:39 pm by tuytje »

What I'd really like to see are pie charts based on game genre or/and current market value. Overall I'd like to see more functionality for viewing the stats of my collection as a whole. Like a pie chart of how complete my collection actually is based on the number of games released for a specific console.

P.S: Your post sounds like an ad so I'm assuming you're some how affiliated with the creators of "My Game Collection".

Statistics is an upcoming feature. You can tell me what you would like to see on the post in the subreddit of My Game Collection: https://www.reddit.com/r/mygamecollection_app/comments/3nfjc9/upcoming_feature_statistics/

I didn't state it expressively, but I thought that my statement of 'I just finished another update on ...' told as much that I'm the developer.

If my post came off as an ad, then I'm sorry. I don't like to sound like a PR guy, and didn't mean it as an ad. I just love to write apps and I take care in creating them.
I just love to have as many users as possible, I love the feedback I get and the feeling that people use something I created. I don't do it for the money (although I wouldn't mind :)), hard to do even, because I'm making 0.001€ per hour or something in that neighborhood :)

retroone

Great app! So far I am loving it but it does have a few problems...

For one, when I add games from multiple sites (VGC, Steam, PSN, etc,.) it instead adds duplicate posts. I am aware a developer has left a reply to the review I made however they left were vague and didn't help solve the issue (Probably due to the character limit on the Play Store). Another problem I had is certain games have different titles then they do here on VGCollect which creates a blank post which makes some of the features useless for the game. (Example: Beavis and Butt-Head, MTV's)

I'm not here to bash the app. I think with a little work (or maybe these are just settings I'm missing) MGC could replaces the current apps I'm using to track my collection. Keep up the great work!

It will indeed by default add them in duplicates, since it can't know you are speaking about the same game.

You can however link multiple imported games to the same game in your collection by using the overflow menu (the 3dot) on the game line in your import screen. This is what I do for all import resources.

I never really thought about this, but I could auto link multiple games (if title & platform is the same), I have the impression that you expected the app to do this already, correct?

The online database usually uses the official name of the game, some source are using different names for some games. I'm working on adding xbox import at the moment, and it's the worst I have seen so far ...

For games that can't be auto matched you can use the manually link. Clicking this option will search the Online database and ask you which one it is. This added game will then be linked to the game from the import source.

More information: http://www.tuyware.com/index.php/my-game-collection-2-0-help-import/

The playstore character limit is really annoying, and way to short if you want to do more then a 'mail me' message :/ I'm interested to know which options you would need extra to have MGC as your main collecting app? If it is settings you miss, then we did a poor job providing them. Any ideas around this are welcomed.

retroone

I never really thought about this, but I could auto link multiple games (if title & platform is the same), I have the impression that you expected the app to do this already, correct?

Yes please. So far I have found it to be very confusing to find the "Overflow 3 dot" button that doesn't exist anywhere in the settings (or at least on my Galaxy S5). If the app can do it automatically that would be amazing.