Author Topic: Item(s) you regret trading/selling/giving away  (Read 3255 times)

gf78

Item(s) you regret trading/selling/giving away
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:57:14 am »
I'm sure most if not all of us have at one point or another sold, traded or gave away some item or items of video gaming goodness that we regret horribly now.  Some of my regrets...

My N64 and games collection.  I owned a pristine condition, original N64 with two extra controllers (grey) as well as over 24 complete, boxed, mint condition games.  Even though I was never a fan of the N64, it was a very nice collection.  Zelda Ocarina & Majora's Mask.  Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., Rayman 2, Banjo Kazooie & Tooie, Starfox with the rumble pak, GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark...a lot of highly sought-after titles.  Traded it all in on an original Xbox and six games.  I enjoyed the Xbox, but in hindsight I would have been better off keeping the N64.

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

doafan

Re: Item(s) you regret trading/selling/giving away
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 12:30:35 pm »
Well I have a couple of bad decisions but the worst two are the following:

* I sold my SNES Jr. with the Super Mario World, Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Samurai Shodown because wanted to have a Playstation and be able to play the Resident Evil 3, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Silent Hill
* The second one was when I sold to EB Games my copy of X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter both from the PS1 just to purchase the Marvel vs Capcom for the same console and now those two game are kinda rare and expensive.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 12:34:17 pm »
I had an EON ticket e-reader card that I auctioned on ebay a few years ago. It's considered one of the rarest cards and it has a pretty cool function when linked to pokemon ruby/sapphire. It sold for 35 dollars, which is pretty damn good for a piece of cardstock.

The last thing I regret is throwing away whole bunch of GB(A) and N64 boxes I saved. I had about a dozen or so that I kept up until just a few years ago when I decided to just throw them away. Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Red.... At the time I wasn't into collecting and didn't realize their value.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 12:46:56 pm »
I'm already regretting selling my Master System collection. Had 17 games with a Power Base Converter (the original) for the Sega Genesis. But sold it recently to get an Xbox One. I am having a BLAST with the Xbox One, though. So it's not like a total loss. I'm just short on the dispensable income having a new daughter and recently buying a house. So I had to make a tough choice.

Also sold the N64 collection, but I'm really not missing that.

rayne315

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »
Mine isn't necessarily selling/trading/giving away but when I was younger I really didn't a darn about my games and whenever I got frustrated in a game would kick/stomp/throw my game cartridges slam down my controllers. When I first got a disc based game system (ps2) I would leave the discs lying around all over the floor (on hard concrete/wood) letting them get all scratched up and would throw away the cases. Memorable things I destroyed are my original super Mario bro's (snes), Yoshi's island(snes), Aladdin(snes), Lion king(snes), some Goofy related game I cant remember the name of(snes), Scooby doo night of 100 frights(ps2), .hack infection/mutation including bonus discs(ps2) and many more, most of which I cant remember until I see the game in the wild. along with that I broke 3-4 snes controllers, my original snes ejection port, about half a dozen ps2 controllers and an old box tv.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »
Shadow Hearts (PS2) at Gamestop. It hurts everytime I think about it. I think i got less than $1.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 04:17:40 pm »
I wish I hadn't gotten rid of Shining Tears on the PS2 when I was younger. Outside of that I honestly can't think of any big ticket games I haven't bought again in one way or another... I might be a bit net-negative in purchasing things I got rid of but hey whatever.

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »
I've got a pretty clean record. I never did this stuff. My only trade away, was a couple of PS2 sports games that I got a few dollars for at the local record store. Tbh, I do kinda feel a little guilty about a couple of them, even though I don't care about sports games, mostly because they were gifts (that I wanted) and I got them during the PS2s prime. They were in great shape, but mostly I just don't ever feel right giving away something that was a gift to me. I tend to hold on to gifts, just for sentimental reasons.  :-\

Most everything else I've ever had, I still own, or my brother has it.

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 06:58:15 pm »
I don't have too much I regret, but I wish I had kept some games I sold awhile back.  Like 10 years ago I went to a pawn shop and found dang good condition copies of Final Fantasy 3, Super Metroid, and Mega Man X in their boxes.  I must've got them for no more than 10 to 20 bucks a piece, amazing deal.  I decided at the time to sell them on Ebay, all of which went for like 75 bucks and up to 120 bucks I think, which I believe was pretty good for the time, but now I wish I had just kept them cause they were in real nice condition and I would've loved to still own at least Mega Man X.

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »
I've been pretty lucky with a lot of my stuff. The only one I somewhat regret is Conker Live and Reloaded. Kind of wish I didn't trade that one, however, it was a platinum hits version. I got super-lucky though at the time I traded that I also traded a bunch of sports games and got about $10 each at the time so, it all worked out pretty well

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 07:10:49 pm »
I've only ever sold/traded two games. Re-Loaded on the PS1 to get a few pounds towards Super Mario Sunshine, and Hercules on the PS1 because I completed it day after I got it. I don't hugely regret them because they aren't anything amazing or rare/expensive, but I would like to have kept them now. I have a copy of Re-Loaded that I got a few months ago, and will get Hercules some time.

stealthrush

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:13 pm »
Selling my entire SNES collection (and console) back in the day I had about 30-40 games most loose but some complete. I regret selling the following CIB bought at/around launch sold years ago;

- Mega Man 7
- Kirby Super Star
- Street Fighter III: Third Strike
- Legend of Mana
- Dragon Ball GT (Bandai ver.)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 08:54:21 pm »
At this point I've gotten most back that I've sold. Unfortunately the stuff I have left are on the GBA and they tend to be the most counterfeited and they're not exactly the cheapest. Minish Cap, and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Leaf Green.

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 10:27:28 am »
Everything I had while growing up. While I was able to rebut all of it years later, I still wish I had my original games still.

tpugmire

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 11:27:07 am »
I never really sold or traded anything. There's only one thing I can think of that comes close. Many years ago, I bought a boxed Coleco Telstar Color at a yard sale. I spent $1.00 on it, but when I got it home, I couldn't figure out how to make it work. I figured it was broken, so I just tossed it. Fast forward about 15-20 years and when I started repairing systems and had some more knowledge, I realized it was never broken, I just was hooking it up wrong.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com