Author Topic: One of the funniest gaming articles I have read in a long time!  (Read 2129 times)

gf78

One of the funniest gaming articles I have read in a long time!
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/11/9885482/tea-bagging-shouldnt-bother-me-but-it-does

First, I have to point out that I had never heard of "clam slamming" as the female version of teabagging.  LMAO! 

Now as for the article, I find this hilarious.  To me, teabagging is a juvenile, funny "makes me laugh every time" part of online FPS.  Whether I am the deliverer or recipient, I always laugh.  But the guy writing this column is genuinely pissed about it.  Maybe it's because his name is Dan Le Sac?

New ways of describing the "teabag" in the article:

Clam Slamming
Ball Crush
Sack Dropping
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:30:16 pm by gf78 »
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

hexen

Re: One of the funniest gaming articles I have read in a long time!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »
Well, it IS Polygon... the second worst gaming site after Kotaku. Somebody being offended over something innocuous and making a big deal of it is WHY those sites hold those ranks.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

kashell

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:01 pm »
At first, I thought this was satire.

But, nope. It looks like Mr. Le Sac is super serial. As they say in the south, "Bless his heart."

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »
The fact you could get offended over something as immature is a tea bagging is so silly.

Then again, as hexen stated above, it IS Polygon. It wouldn't be Polygon if they didn't manage to write at least one stupid article a month.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »
Holy shit that comment section.  That writer deserves to get sacked.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 12:06:01 am »
Maybe if it happened in real life.  :o

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 06:31:02 am »
Damn.  He be salty.

I'm not one to get behind trolling or the usual immature behavior that can be prevalent in gaming, but like he said, "tea bagging" is old shit.  It's not as common as it once was (outside of the actual mission for tea bagging in Ghosts) and it's almost quaint to see it when happens anymore lol The guy isn't exactly wrong, but writing an article about tea bagging in 2015? Polygon be Polygon.

I'd actually place tea bagging much lower on the scale of "poor gaming sportsmanship" than he seems to place it.  At the top, it's people talking shit on voice.  That drives me nuts.  Below that, I'd say teamkilling.  Then it would be talking shit on chat.  Then probably a half dozen other things.  Then there would be tea bagging lol

gf78

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:50:41 pm »
For me, tea bagging is funny. What pisses me off?  Douche bags playing their music really loud in the background.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 11:59:22 pm »
For me, tea bagging is funny. What pisses me off?  Douche bags playing their music really loud in the background.

Yeah that would be 3 or 4 on my list of annoyances and still way above tea bagging lol

gf78

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »
What strikes me as odd is the comments where they equate tea bagging to virtual rape. I have been the recipient of both teabags and clam slams and never thought of it in a sexual context. To me, it's just a way to rub salt in the wound.

So I ask my fellow VGCers especially the women, do you see any sexual connotations in tea bagging?  I'm genuinely curious as I've never thought of it that way and I sincerely hope that a person or persons that I've done that to have never felt that way.

I will note as well that at least half the time I am the recipient, it's a female avatar/character in the game.

aliensstudios

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 03:33:34 pm »
This my friends, is what is wrong with America.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

krelyan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 06:46:46 pm »
do you see any sexual connotations in tea bagging?

Uh, I'm not sure how co-opting a sexual term could ever be free of sexual connotations?  I unfortunately learned of the term while working in the construction industry as a co-worker loved to tell me his favorite way to harass his wife while she slept.  Didn't see it show up in video games till years later.

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PS4), Fire Emblem Fates, The Witness (PS4), Puzzle & Dragons (Mobile)

kashell

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 09:31:30 am »
The first time I learned about tea-bagging was when I watched an episode of Sex and the City. The episode was A Women's Right to Shoes, for those interested.

gf78

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 10:09:51 am »
do you see any sexual connotations in tea bagging?

Uh, I'm not sure how co-opting a sexual term could ever be free of sexual connotations?  I unfortunately learned of the term while working in the construction industry as a co-worker loved to tell me his favorite way to harass his wife while she slept.  Didn't see it show up in video games till years later.

I'm just the opposite, having never heard the term prior to it's usage in gaming.  When I posed the question "do you see any sexual connotations in tea bagging?" I meant purely in terms of it's usage in gaming.