Author Topic: Buying PS2 games for collection! Just starting out  (Read 3623 times)

Re: Buying PS2 games for collection! Just starting out
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 01:36:47 am »
.hack series (7 games total)

You can't just recommend someone a niche series that will cost 200+ haha.

I think I have Jak 3 disc only if you want to pay shipping?

i actually just started the .Hack series of games slowly as they are pricey! but i have one incoming off ebay

also how much is shipping for jak 3? ebay claims cheapest complete is 6.95 black label
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 01:40:51 am by thedarkonezhere »

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 01:38:09 am »
If you have no dare I say it "Retro" game stores around you (traumatizing when referring to ps2 as retro) then easy places to find ps2 games are goodwill, pawn shops, some walmarts still posses ps2 games, and some card shops buy and sell video games. other than that when spring and summer come back around they are fantastic places to find ps2 games for dirt cheap.

i know of the cheap places already hit game exchange havent got to game traders or even pawn shops yet. Im looking both online and off for games lol

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 01:39:22 am »
Some of the best games-as you might guess-are some of the most expensive.  Setting price aside, here are some I would recommend.

Jak & Daxter trilogy and Jak X Combat Racing
Ratchet & Clank trilogy, Deadlocked and Secret Agent Clank
Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Rogue Galaxy
Sly Cooper trilogy

thanks will look into some of these i have a .hack game incoming (cheaper 17 dollar one) but will keep a look out for the rest if i can for cheap.

gf78

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 09:33:03 am »
Some of the best games-as you might guess-are some of the most expensive.  Setting price aside, here are some I would recommend.

Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Rogue Galaxy
Sly Cooper trilogy

thanks will look into some of these i have a .hack game incoming (cheaper 17 dollar one) but will keep a look out for the rest if i can for cheap.

The Jak, Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank games are all pretty inexpensive.  Rogue Galaxy isn't too pricey and neither is the Final Fantasy games.  Dragon Quest VIII is another great RPG but can be kinda pricey, especially if you are looking for a complete copy.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

rayne315

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 11:02:58 am »
lol keep an eye out for buy one get ones in used game stores. the one that I go to all the time runs a buy 2 get 3 free on a certain category of games during certain holidays like memorial day and veterans day. they usually just pick whatever system they have the most games for and it is usually ps2/xbox games. Its where about 150 of my 180+ ps2 games came from.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 11:29:25 am »

Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Rogue Galaxy
Sly Cooper trilogy

The Jak, Sly Cooper and Ratchet & Clank games are all pretty inexpensive.  Rogue Galaxy isn't too pricey and neither is the Final Fantasy games.  Dragon Quest VIII is another great RPG but can be kinda pricey, especially if you are looking for a complete copy.

yeah the dragon game is on my radar as i have never played that game or any of the series and would love to try it! thanks for the input!

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 11:30:45 am »
lol keep an eye out for buy one get ones in used game stores. the one that I go to all the time runs a buy 2 get 3 free on a certain category of games during certain holidays like memorial day and veterans day. they usually just pick whatever system they have the most games for and it is usually ps2/xbox games. Its where about 150 of my 180+ ps2 games came from.

the only store in town i see with deals liek so far is game exchange and they are a all games priced 7.95 or less buy 2 get third free. Did the deal to get some filler titles for cheap and will go back when i think they have more they dont rotate often in the ps2 area

desocietas

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 02:29:41 pm »

the only store in town i see with deals liek so far is game exchange and they are a all games priced 7.95 or less buy 2 get third free. Did the deal to get some filler titles for cheap and will go back when i think they have more they dont rotate often in the ps2 area

Yeah, continue to check thrift stores or any spot that takes used items. Record shops and bookstores will sometimes take video games (older ones that Gamestop doesn't take anymore), so it's always worth a shot. Usually they're nothing special, but you might get lucky. I found a CIB like-new Mister Mosquito at a used book shop among some other difficult to find items in the wild.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 03:58:28 pm »
If you have no dare I say it "Retro" game stores around you (traumatizing when referring to ps2 as retro) then easy places to find ps2 games are goodwill, pawn shops, some walmarts still posses ps2 games, and some card shops buy and sell video games. other than that when spring and summer come back around they are fantastic places to find ps2 games for dirt cheap.

Good luck! Hopefully you find some good stuff. Someone just recently finished or is close to finishing a PS2 collection, though they weren't going for everything that came out but just everything they wanted.

I have PS2 dupes but am not currently selling anything. I'll let you know if that ever changes though :)

yeah i went to a pawn shop today and they were cleaning shop on PS2 and Xbox original games selling them for a buck each. Picked a few to resell on ebay but the majority i got for myself. Got 35 titles for 35 plus tax. Some need manuals and artwork but at a buck i couldn't pass the opportunity lol

rayne315

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 05:03:27 pm »

Good luck! Hopefully you find some good stuff. Someone just recently finished or is close to finishing a PS2 collection, though they weren't going for everything that came out but just everything they wanted.

I have PS2 dupes but am not currently selling anything. I'll let you know if that ever changes though :)

yeah i went to a pawn shop today and they were cleaning shop on PS2 and Xbox original games selling them for a buck each. Picked a few to resell on ebay but the majority i got for myself. Got 35 titles for 35 plus tax. Some need manuals and artwork but at a buck i couldn't pass the opportunity lol

Lol the hard part wont necessarily be finding/getting all the games. Itll be finding them in a condition that you would like in your collection, especially from pawn shops.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2015, 02:23:33 am »

Lol the hard part wont necessarily be finding/getting all the games. Itll be finding them in a condition that you would like in your collection, especially from pawn shops.

true but i dont mind have clear replacement cases and a rebuff will fix any other issues. If i have to get new artwork i can (have to on a few i got) but its not too hard to get in good shape. Got a few in great shape and at a buck each i couldnt complain

stealthrush

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »
Hello all i am looking for some good deals on some PS2 games. I like the system and wanted to get a collection started for it. At the moment as shown my collection is small so i am looking for a good range of games. Prefer blac label to GH and would prefer cheaper games unless i really want the game! I have a small list of games im looking for but ATM am looking to aim for a complete PS@ collection so post lists with prices and ill see what i like!

You're in luck, I just posted a PS2 bundle of mixed CIB/IB games across all genres here.

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 09:21:50 am »
I actually have a bunch of PS2 games I've been trying, not very hard though, to get rid of.

Loose: (I can throw these in a DVD case and print out cover art)
Ratchet Deadlocked
Rayman arena
Lord of the rings (not sure which one)
need for speed underground 2
simpsons road rage (GH disc)
dragonball z sagas
grim adventures of billy and mandy
need for speed underground
shinobi
spawn armageddon
the warriors
devil may cry
project snowblind

Case and Disc only:
Kingdom Hearts
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance (Reprint art)
Final Fantasy X (GH)
Grand theft auto san andreas (GH)
Orphen Scion of sorcery
Dead to rights 2
nba live 07
rapala pro fishing
gun
brothers in arms road to hill 30
champions return to arms
medal of honor european assault (GH)
dt racer
socom us navy seals (GH)

Complete:
Gran Turismo 3
Are you smarter than a 5th grader
Star wars battlefront 2 (GH) 2 copies
tekken 4
lord of the rings return of the king
grand theft auto vice city (GH)
tony hawk's underground 2
the getaway
ncaa football 11
sonic mega collection plus (GH)
timesplitters future perfect
Final fantasy XII
the suffering
Star wars starfighter (GH)
rainbow six 3
ssx 3 (GH)
castlevania lament of innocence
lara croft tomb raider legend
mortal kombat armageddon
max payne (GH)
dead to rights
Metal gear solid 3 snake eater
kingdom hearts (GH)
007 nightfire
black
godfather the game (GH)
Killzone

Other:
Ratchet and Clank Demo disc in disc sleeve packaging
Ultimate codes god of war 2

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 01:29:17 pm »
I have two disc only games you're looking for!

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

I can part with them both for $5 + shipping total.