Author Topic: My copy of SVC Chaos doesn't work in my Xbox.. and only my Xbox  (Read 918 times)

razorbeamz

My copy of SVC Chaos doesn't work in my Xbox.. and only my Xbox
« on: November 08, 2015, 02:40:31 pm »
So I bought a copy of SVC Chaos off of eBay, and my Xbox wouldn't recognize it. So I took a look at it and saw that it had some very light surface scratches. I took it to get it resurfaced, and now it looks good as new. But it still won't play in my Xbox.

However, I've tested it in other Xboxes, and it works perfectly fine. It seems like it's only my Xbox that's the issue. My Xbox plays all other discs I throw at it with no problem, and I've even run a lens cleaning disc through it to see if that would fix it, but no dice.

This is just weird. Why won't it work on my Xbox but it works on others?
My collection doesn't include my Steam or PSN games, just physical games.

rayne315

Re: My copy of SVC Chaos doesn't work in my Xbox.. and only my Xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:27:44 am »
could possibly be that your laser reader in your xbox is going out and may need to be replaced. other than that I would have no idea why.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:37 pm »
That sounds like the kind of thing that happens on Dreamcast systems. I've had two different consoles, one plays Gauntlet Legends just fine, but the other doesn't. The other one plays Street Fighter Alpha 3 perfectly, the other doesn't boot it at all.

Something that "fixes" the problem is to use a boot disc, like a Game Shark, something that bypasses the normal system startup and "forces" the game to load. I wonder if that would work on an Xbox too?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 03:43:58 pm »
I have the same problem with MechAssault. Turns out after some research, I learned that if your XBox is modded a certain way, the way it was modded makes it so a select few games won't work.