Author Topic: Price Charting Prices not up to date  (Read 1254 times)

Price Charting Prices not up to date
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
Hey all,

First post, just joined a few hours ago. I was adding games to the collection and I noticed the price charting prices, were off by quite a lot. Anybody know the reason behind this? For example, Ghoul Patrol on VG Collect shows at $44 estimated value and on price charting it has been well above $70 loose for quite some time. Any ideas?

I'm trying to price out my collection for insurance reasons.

rayne315

Re: Price Charting Prices not up to date
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 11:19:04 am »
Its a lot of reasons. mainly the price charting was an afterthought and as such is limited on its implementation. you will notice not every game has a price chart for it and some of them take you to a different game altogether when you click on them. It more than likely is just the differences between the vgcollect data entries and the price chart data entries causing it to pull wrong data. A not so quick fix would be that you can look the current prices up for each individual game you own and place the data into the cost entry for your games then you can export your data and just put it into an excel file and add up the cost column.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Re: Price Charting Prices not up to date
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 11:27:58 am »
The site has literally never been reliable imo, and the only time ive seen it used anyway is by people who low ball prices saying that Pricecharting.com is accurate pricing to defend their offers. I much prefer the sold old listings on ebay as they are always current and far more dependable nine times out of ten. :)