Author Topic: SHENMUE 3 Slacker Backer Campaign is now open! Paypal Option Available!  (Read 5952 times)

90snostalga

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING A PHYSICAL PS4 RELEASE!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 05:59:52 pm »
Jaughty, read the following article about the Kickstarter campaign and tell me what you think:

http://www.destructoid.com/mistakes-were-made-with-the-shenmue-3-kickstarter-296122.phtml

I agree with the article to an extent.

Yes, this KS campaign has been ran below average at best, but that is mostly due to Awesome Japan, the team managing the actual campaign. I think there was a lot of confusion when the game first launched as to who was funding what in regards to Shenmue 3, however much of this was caused by click-bait "journalism" that used sensational, unfounded assumptions and stated them as fact. Sadly enough people believed them and because Yu Suzuki didn't clear up the confusion until about a week after the KS launched, the damage had already been done. in the end, however I don't see it causing more than maybe $100,000 in missed funds, and that it the absolute most i can see it doing.

Another huge over site was the lack of a physical PS4 version until almost halfway through the campaign. Had they had this option up from the get go, I could see the campaign standing at 6-million going into the last day.

But overall, the game itself has carried the success of the campaign despite negative press, some deserved, however most of it is not.

Wow. Very well said.  It's on the verge of 6 million now and I think It will get it with these 3 hours left. I've been so excited, I went ahead and got the PC physical copy and downloaded the soundtrack from the first one and listening to Shenmue music all day lol....Cant wait

You are getting lots of goodies with that 600 pledged

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING A PHYSICAL PS4 RELEASE!!!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »
Jaughty, read the following article about the Kickstarter campaign and tell me what you think:

http://www.destructoid.com/mistakes-were-made-with-the-shenmue-3-kickstarter-296122.phtml

I agree with the article to an extent.

Yes, this KS campaign has been ran below average at best, but that is mostly due to Awesome Japan, the team managing the actual campaign. I think there was a lot of confusion when the game first launched as to who was funding what in regards to Shenmue 3, however much of this was caused by click-bait "journalism" that used sensational, unfounded assumptions and stated them as fact. Sadly enough people believed them and because Yu Suzuki didn't clear up the confusion until about a week after the KS launched, the damage had already been done. in the end, however I don't see it causing more than maybe $100,000 in missed funds, and that it the absolute most i can see it doing.

Another huge over site was the lack of a physical PS4 version until almost halfway through the campaign. Had they had this option up from the get go, I could see the campaign standing at 6-million going into the last day.

But overall, the game itself has carried the success of the campaign despite negative press, some deserved, however most of it is not.

Wow. Very well said.  It's on the verge of 6 million now and I think It will get it with these 3 hours left. I've been so excited, I went ahead and got the PC physical copy and downloaded the soundtrack from the first one and listening to Shenmue music all day lol....Cant wait

You are getting lots of goodies with that 600 pledged

I KNOW :D

I am so freakin excited right now!!! This is amazing :D

Re: SHENMUE 3 RAISES $6.33-MILLION, SHATTERS KICKSTARTER RECORDS!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2015, 01:58:30 pm »
For those of you who didn't have a chance to back the Shenmue 3 or didn't/couldn't support it due to the lack of a Paypal payment option, here is your chance!!!

http://shenmue.link/order/

Be part of this historic campaign and lets make this game everything it possible can be :D

soera

Re: SHENMUE 3 Slacker Backer Campaign is now open! Paypal Option Available!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »
Not sure if anyone keeps up with this ... but there was a poll on whether the people that backed the game on the slacker-backer should be allowed the same rewards as the people who did it on the original kickstarter. While the winning tally was for yes/dont care, the fact that a huge percentage of people voted no persuaded the publisher to deny the rewards. There seems to be a lot of backlash on the Facebook page right now.

My 2 cents. Its not like this was a hidden kickstarter. This thing was promoted more than any other kickstarter Ive ever heard of. If you didnt know about it, you either were lost in space or didnt care about Shenmue in the first place. I also wonder how much of the vote was the slacker-backers themselves voting an obvious yes. To me, its basically like pre-order bonuses. You either get them for pre-ordering or you dont if you dont pre-order. I consider the kickstarter to be somewhat of a paid in full pre-order.

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 05:43:32 pm »
People missed the original pre-order/backing, so they missed out on the goodies.  Makes sense to me.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 06:24:59 pm »
I was hoping everyone could get the perks. I used Kickstarter so it didn't matter to me either way. Either people are looking to resale or they are just elitists I guess. Not sure why someone would not want to share Shenmue joy with someone else who helped fund the game.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 08:46:10 am »
Not sure if anyone keeps up with this ... but there was a poll on whether the people that backed the game on the slacker-backer should be allowed the same rewards as the people who did it on the original kickstarter. While the winning tally was for yes/dont care, the fact that a huge percentage of people voted no persuaded the publisher to deny the rewards. There seems to be a lot of backlash on the Facebook page right now.

My 2 cents. Its not like this was a hidden kickstarter. This thing was promoted more than any other kickstarter Ive ever heard of. If you didnt know about it, you either were lost in space or didnt care about Shenmue in the first place. I also wonder how much of the vote was the slacker-backers themselves voting an obvious yes. To me, its basically like pre-order bonuses. You either get them for pre-ordering or you dont if you dont pre-order. I consider the kickstarter to be somewhat of a paid in full pre-order.
What things don't the paypal backers get?  Looking at the paypal thing, if I order the Physical PS4 copy, it says I get an exclusive case.  Maybe it's not the same case as the Kickstarter case, but if I made that purchase, I should get an exclusive case.

gf78

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 11:38:58 am »
I could see the original backers getting the bonuses with the slacker-backers getting  a "lesser" bonus.  That would be fair IMO.  It's a way to reward those who stepped up immediately, but still giving a bone to those who came in for the second wave. 

To just tell a large segment of people who basically preordered and prepaid for your game that you are shit out of luck after originally saying they would get the goodies is a slap in the face.  They were promised things that have now been yanked away.  If I had backed the game, I would be pissed.  But I guess that's why I don't do kickstarters to begin with.  Come out with the game and if it's good, I'll be more than happy to buy it. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2016, 01:30:42 pm »
You have to give the Backers something that no one else can get.  If not, what's the thank you for help back a project? 

A kickstater isn't a pre-order.  I'm fairly certain that you're not guaranteed anything.  They have to thank the people that took a chance.

gf78

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2016, 11:40:10 am »
You have to give the Backers something that no one else can get.  If not, what's the thank you for help back a project? 

A kickstater isn't a pre-order.  I'm fairly certain that you're not guaranteed anything.  They have to thank the people that took a chance.

I'll call it a "good faith" preorder.  Because when they back the game, it's in the hopes that they will receive a copy of said game once it's finished.  I don't think anyone who backs a game expects zip in return.

And on the main point, the goodies are the "thank you" for the backers.  Regardless if you were a second wave backer, you backed the project.  These people were expecting the same goodies/items/bonuses.  No differentiation was made saying only the original backers would get the goods.  They decided to do a survey and even after the majority said "slacker backers" should get the bonuses, they pulled it anyway.  That's pure, grade-A bullshit.  It is no different than if Iga had listed in the campaign that everyone who backs x-amount of dollars will receive a premium steelbook, then turned around and decided only the first 1000 backers would receive the steelbook.  It's a big FU to people who took a chance on a project, all rightfully assuming they would get the bonuses.

That's why I'll say again, if you make a good game that is worth my money, I'll buy it.  Too many people are getting screwed one way or another and I'm sorry, but with my wife out on disability, we lost a huge chunk of our income and I have to take care of my family.  I buy a lot of games, but I don't have money to gamble on vaporware. 

PS...I will be buying two copies of Iga's Bloodstained.  One for my PS4, one for my Vita.  Because I want to play it on both, Iga makes awesome games and I'm going to support him.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us