Author Topic: Playstation TV categorization  (Read 816 times)

Playstation TV categorization
« on: January 11, 2016, 03:48:00 pm »
I'm looking to clarify how Playstation TV is categorized on the site.
Looks like there are 4 entries for PS TVs on the site:

One of which (the North American PS TV) is categorized as "Hardware", while the other three are "Playstation Vita Hardware".
I made an edit proposal to the "Hardware" one to re-categorize as Vita hardware, which was denied... So should the other three instead be altered to Hardware? They're all the same device, they shouldn't live in two different categories.

Re: Playstation TV categorization
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 04:51:03 pm »
I agree, PSTV should be under Playstation Vita Hardware, not Hardware.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:56:52 pm »
That makes sense. I think "hardware" covers anything console-like that doesn't have a dedicated section to it...?

I haven't always been clear on it's definition, haha.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »
Hah, 2 threads about hardware in the same day  :P Indeed, it would seem that hardware categorization needs some work.

I'm pretty sure the Playstation TV should go under Playstation Vita Hardware, since as Desocietas says, "hardware" usually covers anything not in a dedicated section.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:23:22 pm »
Hah, 2 threads about hardware in the same day  :P Indeed, it would seem that hardware categorization needs some work.

I'm pretty sure the Playstation TV should go under Playstation Vita Hardware, since as Desocietas says, "hardware" usually covers anything not in a dedicated section.

Sweet, sounds good :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas