Author Topic: Corpse Party  (Read 1171 times)

darko

Corpse Party
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:06:54 pm »
So I just finished the first chapter in Corpse Party on PSP. And yeah. If you're into survival horror/mystery/problem solving games then you have to check it out.

I didn't even know something exactly like this existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkeahnIzvg&ob=av3e

The launch trailer doesn't show the game play but it's 2D sprite based with popup character dialogue. Pretty nice.

desocietas

Re: Corpse Party
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:31 pm »
Agh, looks like this just secure what Youtube video walkthrough I'll be watching tonight.  I can't play horror games (though the fact that this one is sprite-based is appealing), but I like watching others play them.  Must be the lack of responsibility/control and knowing I can walk away at any point.

Thanks for the mention!  The title of it really bothered me so I never bothered looking into it...

Love the voicework - it's like watching a strange horror anime with sprites...  Also reminds me of 999 but with more player interaction.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:08:56 am »
I will have to check this one out but I wish it had gotten a full retail release, I hate buying virtual games.

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 11:50:53 am »
I got it near launch and played through most of the first chapter... until I apparently made a wrong choice and both characters you start with died (the one you control died a slightly more horrible death). I haven't played it since :P

I thought it was okay, but I bought it expecting something along the line of the original Clock Tower and it turned out being completely different. It's not really scary, and the gameplay is a bit shallow, but I think that, if you really immerse yourself into the game, you still have something very solid, but it's not really for me.

darko

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 03:20:17 pm »
I will have to check this one out but I wish it had gotten a full retail release, I hate buying virtual games.

I agree. I'm looking into what it would take to burn an iso of the game on a disc and put it in a replacement UMD case. I don't even know if it's possible but I'll figure it out if it is!

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:28 pm »

I agree. I'm looking into what it would take to burn an iso of the game on a disc and put it in a replacement UMD case. I don't even know if it's possible but I'll figure it out if it is!

I don't think it's possible but if you figure out a way let me know!

darko

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 08:01:59 am »

I don't think it's possible but if you figure out a way let me know!

Yeah, I think you're right. I've been doing some research and I would basically have to replace the drive in the PSP with something that can read a burned UMD, or hijack a production facility. Either way, not going to happen.