Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 28965 times)

davifus

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2016, 09:21:35 pm »
My Saturday Morning RPG came in Saturday. Coincidence? I think not.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:08 pm »

What is Death Crimson? The cover looks interesting.

It's pretty much like a bizarre House of the Dead type of game. On rails shooting.

spac316

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016, 10:27:59 pm »
I got Shovel Knight today Wii U today as well as a little Goomba toy. I also pre-ordered Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2016, 02:54:13 am »
I got Shovel Knight today Wii U today as well as a little Goomba toy. I also pre-ordered Zelda Twilight Princess HD.

Where did you get the kuribo? :)

spac316

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2016, 03:11:23 am »
Found it at a thrift store.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:57 am »
Today my Saturday morning RPG soundtrack bundle arrived! :)

Mine shipped today

What the hell mine has yet to ship

Mine too. Ah well. Patience I guess. :)

desocietas

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2016, 12:00:58 pm »
GS:
Zone of the Enders: HD Collection Limited Edition(X360)- $11.97

Aw, the order my bf placed for that just got cancelled last night, I assume because they ran out of stock for it.  Good job getting one in time :)  He would've preferred it on PS3 anyway, but still would've been worth it to include in the collection at that price.

Decided to dip my toe into the world of RGB so I picked up one of these cheapo $30-40 range RGB Scart to HDMI upscalers from China.

I'm actually extremely impressed with how good the output is on something this cheap. Everybody always recommends the XRGB Mini Framemeister which cost a fortune, but this does a pretty damn good job and is only a small fraction of the price. Even running composite through it looks better than any of the composite/S-video scalers I've ever used.

I took a few shots of a Genesis and a Master System with it off of a LCD. Here's some screen shots for those interested. http://imgur.com/a/WPMg0

Nice! I've been thinking of getting one since we're thinking of playing more Genesis and other older consoles.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

telly

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2016, 02:11:15 pm »
Purchased Ace Combat Zero from Scarface! I think I now own all the must-have Ace Combat games... maybe Ace Combat X being the last great one to buy.
Currently Playing:
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch), Super Paper Mario (Wii)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2016, 03:54:26 pm »
Purchased Ace Combat Zero from Scarface! I think I now own all the must-have Ace Combat games... maybe Ace Combat X being the last great one to buy.

If you don't mind me asking, which Ace Combat would you suggest for somebody who's never played any of them before?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2016, 03:57:08 pm »

Lock your doors and bar your windows. Fighterpilot is going to to be hard to fend off!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

telly

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2016, 09:12:20 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, which Ace Combat would you suggest for somebody who's never played any of them before?

Ahhh that's a really tough/good question. :) Personally, I would say start with either of the three the PS2. The PS1 games are more primitive and less immersive, the newer ones are kind of removed from what most people like about AC, and are typically not as well liked. (Though I really enjoyed Ace Combat Infinity)

So you're left with AC04, 5 and Zero. Personally I would start with 04. The story of it is a little more scaled back than in the other two games, but it's still really enjoyable. You can spend more time flying around and having fun. Other than that I would say Zero is another solid option to start. But fighterpilot can definitely throw in his two cents about that since he's played Zero and I haven't yet.

There are some games that I also can't speak for but have heard are pretty good:
Ace Combat X (PSP)
Ace Combat 6 (X360)

Lock your doors and bar your windows. Fighterpilot is going to to be hard to fend off!

lol, I'll just play it on the podcast for him  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:22:58 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2016, 09:59:45 pm »

Ahhh that's a really tough/good question. :) Personally, I would say start with either of the three the PS2. The PS1 games are more primitive and less immersive, the newer ones are kind of removed from what most people like about AC, and are typically not as well liked. (Though I really enjoyed Ace Combat Infinity)

So you're left with AC04, 5 and Zero. Personally I would start with 04. The story of it is a little more scaled back than in the other two games, but it's still really enjoyable. You can spend more time flying around and having fun. Other than that I would say Zero is another solid option to start. But fighterpilot can definitely throw in his two cents about that since he's played Zero and I haven't yet.

There are some games that I also can't speak for but have heard are pretty good:
Ace Combat X (PSP)
Ace Combat 6 (X360)

Thanks for the response. :) I'll have to track down one of those soon.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:42 pm »
Thankfully they're all very affordable.  :) Even though I think they only way to get them is just on the PS2 except AC04. I think that's on PSN
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:20:19 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2016, 10:55:42 pm »
This is from the Captain N comic I posted above: