Author Topic: Update on my earthbound game that I bought on ebay almost a week ago.  (Read 1308 times)

After finally arriving took about a week to get my earthbound game. Which surprised me because the seller lives the next state over. Anyways, the actual label is in pretty good condition. I would rate it somewhere in between good and very good condition. What really made me angry though and what wasn't shown in the pics when I bought the game was that there was writing on the corner of the cartridge.  >:(  That is one of my biggest pet peeves when buying video games. I took the game apart to make sure it was legit and it is. I thought I would spend hours scrubbing the game to get the marker off, but I found a method on youtube that works everytime. I wanted to share this with everybody in case they didn't know. Simply use mr. clean magic eraser to scrub off the marker. It works every single time and it only takes a few minutes. Plus it can remove other stains from your cartridge as well. My biggest point in this thread is be really careful when buying games on ebay. Some sellers play dirty and try and hide the condition of a video game. This was a big deal for me because of how expensive the game is. While all sellers aren't bad who sell on ebay you just have to be careful who you buy from. This seller won't be getting a positive feedback from me.

indenton

Re: Update on my earthbound game that I bought on ebay almost a week ago.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:08:30 pm »
Of all SNES games to be double crossed on through eBay, hope it still plays fine.  I'd ask for partial refund if I were you. 

You know, despite providing photos of an item is basically standard of eBay, I've had a lot more trouble with eBay sellers in the past than Amazon sellers. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS!  DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!!!!!  It is like fine grained sandpaper.  It takes the texture off the carts. 

My method works pretty well for me.  I use 91% alcohol and an electric toothbrush.  Works like a boss. 

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:07:54 am »
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS!  DO NOT USE MAGIC ERASER!!!!!  It is like fine grained sandpaper.  It takes the texture off the carts. 
I was getting ready to say this.  Someone suggested this to my wife and I was like no, don't do that... ever.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:05:44 pm »
I once magically erased a game out of existence.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 12:17:30 am »
I know its criminal but I did it on my earthbound cartridge. Just for a few seconds and it honestly looks fine. Thanks for the heads up and I'll use it as a last resort.