Author Topic: What's you most replayed game?  (Read 4634 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: What's you most replayed game?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2016, 11:05:50 am »
My most replayed game would be Halo Combat Evolved.  I've probably played through the entire campaign at least 50 times. 
Impressive. I played through it once and I'm glad I'm finally done with it. Kinda boring game imo. Played on Legendary with my brother.

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2016, 01:58:47 pm »
If you don't replay video games, then why even keep a large collection of games?

People with huge comic book or manga collections don't re-read all of their volumes, but they like having them.

People with baseball or basketball card collections don't...do whatever it is you're supposed to do with those sorts of things, but they like having them.

People with massive shoe collections don't wear the same pair over and over again, but they like having them.

My point is, you don't have to replay (or reuse) something that you bought for any sort of collection if you don't want to. Sometimes, people just enjoy collecting.

Seems like waste of money, in my eyes. I use and enjoy all the things I collect. I read my comics, I play my games, I listen to my CDs, I enjoy the artwork on the comic cards I have. My mentality is that if I buy something that just sits on shelf and is no good to me otherwise, I could have used the money on something I'd actually enjoy, instead.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 02:00:24 pm »
My most replayed game would be Halo Combat Evolved.  I've probably played through the entire campaign at least 50 times. 
Impressive. I played through it once and I'm glad I'm finally done with it. Kinda boring game imo. Played on Legendary with my brother.

Not your cup of tea, I can see. Lots of people don't like FPS or science fiction. But boring? With all that action, all the big orchestral scores accompanying the action, and the flying of bullets, energy shots, and grenades constantly with the yelling of your cowardly enemies going on; boring is the last word I'd use to describe Halo.

kashell

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 02:04:09 pm »
Right on, and I agree if someone were to buy something just for the sake of buying it and putting it somewhere on their shelf to collect dust and mold. However, if that's what makes someone happy, then I say have at it and enjoy.

You were saying it seemed silly to collect video games if you have no intention of ever replaying them, not play them at least once.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »

Not your cup of tea, I can see. Lots of people don't like FPS or science fiction. But boring? With all that action, all the big orchestral scores accompanying the action, and the flying of bullets, energy shots, and grenades constantly with the yelling of your cowardly enemies going on; boring is the last word I'd use to describe Halo.
I think my issue with it was that a lot of the areas looked the same and the levels were really long. Last level probably took my brother and I two hours to finish. I'm not a big Halo fan but I did enjoy 3 and Reach.

Badges

gf78

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 03:14:21 pm »
Right on, and I agree if someone were to buy something just for the sake of buying it and putting it somewhere on their shelf to collect dust and mold. However, if that's what makes someone happy, then I say have at it and enjoy.

You were saying it seemed silly to collect video games if you have no intention of ever replaying them, not play them at least once.

I own several things such as statues, figures, etc.  I don't use them on a regular basis, nor do I touch them on any regular basis unless I am dusting them, etc.  It doesn't make them useless.  I enjoy them for their pleasing aesthetic value.  My statue of Darth Malgus looks really badass in my curio.  I haven't "touched" it in months, but I look at it every day.  Going by the line of thinking that if you aren't using something it is useless, than any décor you have in your home is "useless."

I will more than likely never actually use my 20th Anniversary PS4, but I find it far from useless.  It's a thing of beauty (to me) that I wanted to own as a piece of PlayStation history.  I derive my enjoyment from owning it and that's good enough for me. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 03:29:21 pm »

I own several things such as statues, figures, etc.  I don't use them on a regular basis, nor do I touch them on any regular basis unless I am dusting them, etc.  It doesn't make them useless.  I enjoy them for their pleasing aesthetic value.  My statue of Darth Malgus looks really badass in my curio.  I haven't "touched" it in months, but I look at it every day.  Going by the line of thinking that if you aren't using something it is useless, than any décor you have in your home is "useless."

I will more than likely never actually use my 20th Anniversary PS4, but I find it far from useless.  It's a thing of beauty (to me) that I wanted to own as a piece of PlayStation history.  I derive my enjoyment from owning it and that's good enough for me.
Ugh, this.  I bought one of these, I can't bring myself to open it or to sell it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 05:06:07 pm »
Ugh, this.  I bought one of these, I can't bring myself to open it or to sell it.

You can always give it to me.  That's not using it or selling it.  ;D

abe

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 08:51:12 pm »
I don't replay games nearly as much as some of you seem to, but there's a few that I make a point of replaying every now and again, and many others in my collection I can see myself playing again eventually. The games I find myself replaying most often include Earthbound (WiiU VC), Mother 3 (GBA), Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii), Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island (GBA), and Super Metroid (Wii VC).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)