Author Topic: A PAL NES Collection???  (Read 2161 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: A PAL NES Collection???
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 01:19:23 pm »
just go with the more logical step instead. jump on the Super Nintendo bandwagon. So many Great games worth playing even today!
Or go with the Genesis and its cheap library.

I have a pretty respectable SNES collection.  I buy most of it to play, not just for the sake of collecting. 

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 11:41:42 pm »
Everything in my collection is PAL 'cause I live in Australia. It's actually pretty hard to get a lot of very retro stuff here, at least in shop's because well I hate eBay. I know I'm restricting myself but I couldn't care less. You could try emailing some of the gaming stores like Gametraders; they can be really helpful...
Did you know that we also get some exclusives? Off the top of my head I can only think about the platinum range for the ps but I'm sure there was more.

You might find that with PAL you get a higher resolution than your NTSC as PAL usually has 576 visible lines compared with 480 lines with NTSC, meaning that PAL has a 20% higher resolution, in fact it even has a higher resolution than Enhanced Definition standard (854x480). In fact PAL has a close frame rate to film.

Also have you tried www.fullyretro.com? Where do you live? They don't ship to the US or Canada though...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:31:26 am by juliaboon »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 09:22:20 pm »
Everything in my collection is PAL 'cause I live in Australia. It's actually pretty hard to get a lot of very retro stuff here, at least in shop's because well I hate eBay. I know I'm restricting myself but I couldn't care less. You could try emailing some of the gaming stores like Gametraders; they can be really helpful...
Did you know that we also get some exclusives? Off the top of my head I can only think about the platinum range for the ps but I'm sure there was more.

You might find that with PAL you get a higher resolution than your NTSC as PAL usually has 576 visible lines compared with 480 lines with NTSC, meaning that PAL has a 20% higher resolution, in fact it even has a higher resolution than Enhanced Definition standard (854x480). In fact PAL has a close frame rate to film.

Also have you tried www.fullyretro.com? Where do you live? They don't ship to the US or Canada though...

I'm in the US.  That's why these intrigue me so much.  It's stuff we never got, and there are a few label variants that I dig.

I'm afraid I'm about to venture down this road.

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 01:20:19 am »
Until I read your post even I didn't know that PAL is higher res than NTSC.