Author Topic: Submitting a new item  (Read 1829 times)

aliensstudios

Re: Submitting a new item
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 05:18:13 pm »
Why does it seem like recently vgcollect has had a lot of "newbie" members joining and pretty much trolling the forums?

I'm not taking these posts as trolls - I think they're legitimate questions for a new user, and it's good for the admins to know where people get confused and where to focus our efforts :)
That may be, but the questions are always worded poorly and said users are entirely too rude, you're right, trolling isn't the correct term.

It'd almost be nice if there were support tickets for users to ask questions to the mods (I suppose that isn't necessary if the users PM the mods).Better yet it'd be nice if there were a page with a list of every mod with a link to PM them so users could ask them questions easier. It seems like this could keep the forums from bloating with pointless posts.

We actually do have a staff listing.  Although with all of the stickied posts in the Database Discussion area it can be a bit hard to find.  I think I might actually move it to the site feedback section instead.

In general though I don't mind users posting here.  While it may bloat the forums, posting in the forums allows multiple admins to chime in on a topic and serves as a reference for future members who have similar issues.
Good to know that there is a staff listing. I hope it's made a bit more accessible.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."