Author Topic: New collector looking for info  (Read 2521 times)

rryan60462

Re: New collector looking for info
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »
Something I haven't seen mentioned yet:

See if there are any local social media (IE Facebook) groups dedicated to buying and selling (Yard Sale Groups, Swap Meet Groups, etc).  I've managed to get most of the deals I've gotten over the last year via local Yard Sale group (36 NES games for $40, Mega Man X 1 and 2, 7th Saga and a SNES for $100).  It can be a bit competitive depending on the members, and you'll have some resellers or people asking a bit too much occasionally, but I find it is generally the cheapest way to find titles online.

It can also help get heads up on local physical sales and flea markets.
i will have to check that our for sure. Any groups you would like to share with the rest of us haha

thomascozine

Re: New collector looking for info
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »
Some of my best finds have been in thrift stores. I got Earthbound and Little Samson at Salvation Army and Goodwill stores, both for $5 each. And I live in a small ass town in the middle of nowhere! Networking is your best bet when collecting anything. Stores that I frequent know what I'm looking for when I come in. Some even hold back items for me cause they know I'll at least be interested. Get friendly with thrift store employees and owners. You might even get discounts if you're a regular. It just takes time and luck. But, if enjoy the hunt just as much as playing the games as much as I do, it won't feel like a drag.