Author Topic: I Need a GameCube Console Replacement  (Read 943 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I Need a GameCube Console Replacement
« on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:38 pm »
Just like the title says. I'm looking to replace my GameCube console. I need just the console itself, I already have wires, controller, etc. My GameCube stopped reading discs.

Looks like I can find a working console only on eBay for $30, free shipping. Just hoping someone here can give me a better price. If so, message me.

Re: I Need a GameCube Console Replacement
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 05:44:04 pm »
You can replace the laser for about 10 dollars. Doesn't require any soldering, just need a gamebit driver to open her up. It's also possible to boost the power to squeeze a little more life out of your existing laser.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:56:43 pm by badATchaos »

soera

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 12:50:47 am »
I have an extra console if you want.

HarvestDude

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 01:45:06 am »
You can replace the laser for about 10 dollars. Doesn't require any soldering, just need a gamebit driver to open her up. It's also possible to boost the power to squeeze a little more life out of your existing laser.

I wouldn't recommend that. Taming with the laser power regulators might do nothing, as you will hardly know the initial position if you want to revert the process. And the regulator is VERY sensitive.

Well, considering your GC already stopped reading discs, it's a try, you have nothing to lose. I would also recommend buying another laser pod and replacing yourself. You don't know how your next gamecube was handled all these years (dropped? bad lens? scratched hull? rusty inner contacts?). And the one you get might not live much too.

HarvestDudeā„¢

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:43 am »
I have an extra console if you want.

Absolutely, if you can give me a better price. How much do you want?