Author Topic: Any Dutch / Belgian users willing to make an auction inquiry for me?  (Read 1218 times)

doctorlaudanum

Mods, please let me know if this is the wrong place to post this. This is regarding the auction linked below. It was posted nearly two years ago, but the account has been active as late as three months ago and a bid was never made, so I'm assuming it's still active. All I wanted to do was ask if the seller still had the item and if they'd be willing to ship to the United States, but my foreign IP address is blocked from registration. I tried using a proxy, but it couldn't get past the spam verification. Would anyone be able to make an inquiry for me? I would greatly, greatly appreciate any help.

http://www.2dehands.be/kleding-accessoires/herenkleding/t-shirts-polo-s/forbidden-siren-sony-playstation-200869263.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:43:30 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

realpoketendonl

Re: Any Dutch / Belgian users willing to make an auction inquiry for me?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 12:13:07 pm »
I live in the Netherlands. I'll contact the seller and I'll send you a personal message with the results. I think it would be handy to know a few things from you though, namely:
How much are you willing to pay for the shirt (excluding shipping and taxes)?
In what ways are you able to pay (PayPal, credit card, etc.)?

The seller is from Limburg, which is in the Netherlands. Here, we do most of our payments via something called iDeal, which is only available to people who are with a Dutch bank. There's a good chance he wants to be paid via that. I have PayPal though. If the seller only accepts iDeal, I could make the payment for you if you want. I know this may seem suspicious, but PayPal has 180 days of insurance, so you can get your money back if I were to scam you. But I'm not, I just want to help you out. I'll contact him first and I'll message you when I get a response. In the meanwhile, could you send me the answers to these questions?

EDIT: OK, this site is very restrictive, it's blocking my postal code for some reason. I'll just register with a fake code and I'll contact the seller for you.

ANOTHER EDIT: Huh, turns out registering isn't even necessary. I'll send him a message now. I'll message you when I get a response!

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I just send him a message. I intended to include a link to the forum, but I forgot. Oh well, I'll send him a link later. Here's a copy the site send me of the mail I send the seller:

Here's a translation:

Dear Jundland,

I'm active on a forum for gaming collectors. One member there has shown interest in your Forbidden Siren t-shirt. Unfortunately, he can't send you a message because he lives in the US and 2dehands.be blocks his computer. He asked on the forum for someone from the Netherlands or Belgium to send you a message on his behalf. This is why I'm e-mailing you. I have a few questions regarding your shirt on behalf of this user.

Firstly he's wondering whether the shirt is still available. The ad is over a year old, so he wanted to be sure it's still for sale.
Secondly, he's wants to know whether you'd be willing to ship the shirt to the US. Of course extra shipping costs and import costs are his own responsibility. I have asked him what he's willing to bid on the shirt itself. I have yet to receive a reaction from him, but I assume he's willing to pay the given price of €15,-.
Lastly I'm wondering how you'd like to be paid. I understand that iDeal is the most common method of online payment in the Netherlands, but this man, as a citizen of the US, naturally doesn't have access to that. This is why I'm wondering whether you'd be able to accept payment via PayPal or credit card. If not, then I proposed to the user to pay for him, since I have access to both PayPal and iDeal. I haven't gotten a response to this either.
I promised the user on the forum to send any responses from you to him. Of course I'll then send his responses back to you. Thank you in advance for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Tyler

If there's anything you'd like to add, or if there's something I wrote that isn't right and you want to correct me, please do send me a message, and I'll send him another e-mail. I'll send you the response as soon as I get it in a private message.
Now that I think about it, I could've done this in a private message too...oh well  ::)

ONE FINAL EDIT: Oh dear, I just saw on your profile you're female, and I referred to you as male in my e-mail to the seller...my bad, I'll take note of that. I hope you don't mind  :(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:17:48 pm by realpoketendonl »
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 04:39:23 pm »
I can't thank you enough, realpoketendonl. You went above and beyond what I asked. I'll be sending you a private message with more details in a bit. And don't worry about the mix-up. Everyone on the Internet is male by default. :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:01:33 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »
Don't mention it. Collecting can be a hard hobby, and I just wanted to help a fellow collector out. Besides, I already was able to message him, so why not just try to take care of everything at once? Only makes it easier for all three of us. I just hope the seller'll respond soon. As soon as he does, I'll let you know.  :)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 05:57:18 pm »
And don't worry about the mix-up. Everyone on the Internet is male by default. :P

Hahaha, I say the same thing when people find out that I'm female. I'm not offended at all; I make the same assumptions, too.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas