Author Topic: What does your collection specalise in?  (Read 8306 times)

gf78

Re: What does your collection specalise in?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 11:58:33 am »
working games.
:P

I tend to collect series.  There isn't one specific genre that I stick to.  I play fighters, racing, action, adventure, RPG, etc.  Pretty much anything except the typical Madden's.  I'm also not really a fan of rhythm games. 

Series I have collections of include Star Wars, Final Fantasy, Tekken and Call of Duty. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 12:53:12 pm »
I just go for what I want to play. I'm not trying to fill shelves or have a complete console collection or anything.

insektmute

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 12:56:08 pm »
I'd like to think it specializes in games that don't suck, but given that I have a few duds in there, I'd say I'm mainly focused on RPGs, fighting games, survival horror, and shmups. Most of the emphasis has been on PS1 and PS2, but that's changing bit by bit to be more PC-centric.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 01:35:11 pm »
I'd like to think it specializes in games that don't suck, but given that I have a few duds in there, I'd say I'm mainly focused on RPGs, fighting games, survival horror, and shmups. Most of the emphasis has been on PS1 and PS2, but that's changing bit by bit to be more PC-centric.

INSEKTMUTE

Long time, no see, buddy :)

Usually my collection leans towards JRPGS, especially older ones from my childhood from PS1, PS2, some Gamecube and some GBA.  Thanks to Persona, I've built up a collection of Atlus titles and have been collecting for some other niche publishers like XSEED, Natsume, and NIS.  I'm also a fan of rhythm, puzzle, and adventure games as well.

The first game system I ever bought for myself was the Nintendo DS Lite, so I still buy items for that library and the subsequent handheld models (except for the DSi). I think my bf and I tried to count out how many handhelds we had for Nintendo, and for the DS/3DS alone, it was at least 7...  ::)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:37:29 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 02:34:47 pm »
Aside from the games listed in my signature, which are the main focus of my collection right now, I tend to buy a lot of console horror games. I've also started collections for the Team Ico series, Clock Tower and Haunting Ground, Fatal Frame, Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, Silent Hill (with a focus on the first game, since it's my favorite), Deadly Premonition, and the late Kenji Eno's creations, but I don't plan on finishing them any time soon. Beyond that, I buy whatever interests me regardless of era or genre. My collection is just one big mess.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:38:21 pm by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

shfan

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »
Overall my collection falls under the 'anything I'll play' category, which is pretty much anything apart from deep strategy games, sports and most types of racing.

I'm less interested in puzzle, adventure, music and fighting games (IE 1-on-1s like Street Fighter) ambivalent about FPS and open world games (Far Cry, GTA etc.) and more interested in RPGs, Beat 'em ups (Streets of Rage), platformers, arcade style games, shoot em ups, survival horror, metroidvania's, roguelikes and anything related to them.

I have a longstanding interest in Musou (Dynasty Warriors + spin-offs) games, collect fishing games for some weird reason and love picking up obscure Japanese-developed titles, crusty computer games and budget/download console titles which have been released on disc.

As far as merch goes it starts and ends with soundtracks and strategy guides, both of which I pick up wherever possible for cheap.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 04:41:30 pm »
When it comes to the games, it's mainly just games that I'm interested in, combined with some games I got as gifts. No real pattern there. I have thought about collecting either Wii or DS games seriously, but I haven't gone through with that thus far (mainly for financial reasons).
As for merch, I started out with general Nintendo stuff as a hobby, then I went to dedicated Pokémon items, but now I've branched back out to general Nintendo items.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

pacpix

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

Hello Stranger!  :o

When I started collecting I kind of bought anything I could find, but now I usually buy only what I am interested in.  Really though my collection specializes in buying too many games that I don't have time to play  ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:02:44 pm by pacpix »
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

sin2beta

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:44 pm »
PS1 RPGs, Dragon quest, and all things PS4/Sega master system.

Not listing NES? Interesting given you are at essentially a complete set. As much as I rag on the PS1. That's a good collection to have. The PS1 and RPGs were a match made in heaven.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

sin2beta

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 05:36:44 pm »
My collection is primarily all things SEGA. I also dabble in Xbox and Macintosh game collecting. I'm currently trying to focus on 8-bit SEGA (SG-1000, Master System and Game Gear). Aside from hardware and software, I really only collect magazines. And it hasn't gone past the SEGA and Xbox exclusive magazines.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

silversyx

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 06:15:20 pm »
My collection specializes in sitting on shelves.

Amen.

davifus

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 06:40:33 pm »
Dust Collecting
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Warmsignal

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »
Ditto on the dust collecting.

It seems a bit hodgepodge, but I consider it specializing in my specifc taste, childhood nostalgia, NES, DS, Nintendo, Sega, platformers, action & adventures, "bad" games and obscure games.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:41:13 pm by Warmsignal »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 08:18:22 pm »
N. E. Mother Truckin. S.

I am so close to a complete set. It's amazing.

Other than that, it's a bit of a hodgepodge.  I get stuff I like to play.... and a lot of other stuff.

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »
16-32 bits RPG/tactical RPG, Fire Emblem serie, anything for NeoGeo AES, CD or Pocket at a good price... and usually its a game I will play, it won`t just collect dust.

Retro ARCADE games news, review and gameplay Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrltRbkb_z9yUZvypUdWo8A

Twitter; https://twitter.com/NGCDManiac