Author Topic: What is up with the value of cheetahmen?  (Read 1273 times)

What is up with the value of cheetahmen?
« on: March 01, 2016, 12:35:19 am »
It seems like the value for this game is all oooover the place. Pricing charts have this game at $700 dollars and more and saying its rare. Yet, on ebay sealed copies are only going for $290 and less..I assume the price for this game has tanked and i'm wondering if this game is in a steady decline? Anybody's thoughts?

Re: What is up with the value of cheetahmen?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 08:59:40 am »
Buddy... Buddy...

You can't trust VGPC... especially on high priced or uncommon games.

I think I looked a few months back and it was saying Mario Tennis for Virtual boy was like $34k, which I get was a glitch, but that just proves how inconsistent and unreliable it is.

On a related note, I don't follow NES games, it is the one platform I kind of try to stay away from because of the major inflation, so I don't know where cheetahmen should really be price wise, but check ebay sold listings.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:18:02 am »
looks like they haven't updated the price since feb. 2014
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/cheetahmen-ii

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 10:53:33 am »
It seems like the value for this game is all oooover the place. Pricing charts have this game at $700 dollars and more and saying its rare. Yet, on ebay sealed copies are only going for $290 and less..I assume the price for this game has tanked and i'm wondering if this game is in a steady decline? Anybody's thoughts?

Cheetahmen II got a reprint about 3 years ago.  Some dude tried to cash in on it being expensive.  No one cared.  The new ones are probably what you're seeing.  A shonuff Cheetahmen II would be up around $700 these days. 

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
I believe it was a kickstarter project that brought new life (and beforementioned bucks) into play:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/343248998/cheetahmen-ii-the-lost-levels?ref=discovery

Upcoming Pre-orders:

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 06:21:09 am »
Yes I also believe it was a kickstarter, I've seen some for sale in my country for a way lower price than 500 - 700.

You can compare the real to the kickstarter one since there are some slight box art differences.

Still though I cannot believe that people actually pay 100 - 200 euro's for a kickstarter version of this game. It's not even original It's a terrible game. It doesn't make any sense why people want this since people who do are usually hardcore collectors.

Your Stylish Sword Master!