Author Topic: Any guess on when the nx is coming out? I'm hoping this year...  (Read 1894 times)

I know that there is a preview of the nx this year at e3...But any idea when it will be released? It will be interesting to see...Some sorta handheld/home console hybrid. I hope they learn from their mistakes with the wii u. Also,on a different note it is extremely hard to find the brand new gold cover version for winder waker hd. Here is a warning about this, there are a lot of retail and even ebay and az sellers that will advertise a stock photo for the gold cover version of the game. 99% percent of the time it is the standard plain version..I think it is wrong that they do this..I have had this happen to me and I returned the game. I'm just not keen on paying $100+ for the gold cover version.

maximo310

Re: Any guess on when the nx is coming out? I'm hoping this year...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »
For the nx, we don't know the exact date. My best guess is 2017.

For windwaker hd, its still at $40-50 for the gold cover, the plain version reprint is probably a bit less. The only version that is $100 is the LE version with the big outer box and Ganondorf figure.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
I hope next year, gives me a chance to buy a 3ds xl and xbox one, and enjoy the zelda game for wii u
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:45:35 pm »
Rumors are placing it at fall of this year, with the new Zelda being released on both Wii U and NX, like Twilight Princess, but we won't know till E3 or a possibly rumored April reveal.  Too much rumor right now to say anything for sure.  I'm not against a 2016 release in particular.

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 11:20:31 pm »
Rumors are placing it at fall of this year, with the new Zelda being released on both Wii U and NX, like Twilight Princess, but we won't know till E3 or a possibly rumored April reveal.  Too much rumor right now to say anything for sure.  I'm not against a 2016 release in particular.
Seems a little premature to me.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 11:31:35 pm »

I think it works out, especially if the other companies are gonna be putting out possible alternate hardware next year.  The NX releasing among better hardware would make it look less inviting.  It's not like it's a bad time to release it this year since Nintendo will continue to not do well as long as the Wii U is still their main hardware.

dreama1

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:06 am »

I think it works out, especially if the other companies are gonna be putting out possible alternate hardware next year.  The NX releasing among better hardware would make it look less inviting.  It's not like it's a bad time to release it this year since Nintendo will continue to not do well as long as the Wii U is still their main hardware.
 It's a juggling act tho. It's never worked out well for anyone in this line of business.  But we'll see I guess, but let me call it now it's going to be a disaster coming more than the Wii U. The Wii U was about as old as the Sega Saturn was at this point if they throw this thing onto the market. Food for thought, things don't change that much.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 01:22:50 am »
It has no real reason to tank like the Wii U.  The Wii U failed because of branding, inferior hardware, and being unable to really sell people on the gamepad.  It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo took poor sales with the Gamecube, and dominated a generation with the Wii.

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 01:33:31 am »
It has no real reason to tank like the Wii U.  The Wii U failed because of branding, inferior hardware, and being unable to really sell people on the gamepad.  It wasn't that long ago that Nintendo took poor sales with the Gamecube, and dominated a generation with the Wii.
[/quote Other than the Wii everything has been in decline since the Famicom.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 03:49:05 am »
Other than the Wii everything has been in decline since the Famicom.

Yes, and? Still has no real reason to tank, especially since it sounds like they are connecting it to their handhelds, which always have sold incredibly well.  The system doesn't need to top the charts, it just needs to do well for them, whatever that might be.

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 04:27:52 am »
Other than the Wii everything has been in decline since the Famicom.

Yes, and? Still has no real reason to tank, especially since it sounds like they are connecting it to their handhelds, which always have sold incredibly well.  The system doesn't need to top the charts, it just needs to do well for them, whatever that might be.

And?" It's pretty self explanatory what that means, the NX is desperation in itself to remedy a much deeper problem which isn't just unique to nintendo but most most evident in them out of the three gaints right now. Even the handhelds are in rapid decline across the board, the Pokemon brand is the only big sellers on the handhelds. I'm pretty confident the market is going to collapse soon but not sure when, but more advanced virtual reality will bring it back from the ashes again just not yet. The first wave of VR will make it a more accepted household brand, and the sony VR will be dominant at it's affordable price and large consumer base. But it wont hit it's greatness just yet as i said. In the future it will, this first wave will look like the industry did between  Atari very early 8 Bit gen did. The very nature of the industry is showing  serious signs of collapse from within. More people now are gaming more than ever before, and its on the rise.. sure, but it's outwards appearance. A massive rise follows massive decline soon after, that's what follows just before collapse. The final golden years/Peak of "console" gaming  and the turning point into eventual decline would be the years between 2008-2009. I would say it's been slowly declining since those days. But it's starting to be made more evident/felt these past few years.

You'll have to wait and see, but a victory like the Wii had in 06 the battle lines will never be the same again like that, and i'm pretty confident the NX will be a failure, as for the upgraded PS4.5 it'll be moderately successful and hold things over until  the next generation when things will begin to get interesting again finally. We're in massive transition right now from the old to new.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 04:41:43 am by dreama1 »

theflea

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 05:25:12 am »
I'd be surprised if the Nintendo NX was was released this year.
It's always possible that Nintendo will give us a glimpse to what the NX is come around E3, the only thing that making me think that the NX is coming ether the end of 2016 or early 2017 is there's rumors that Nintendo is discontinuing the Wii U by the end of 2016.

"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:53:00 pm »
All the reports seem to be saying fall of this year.

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2016, 09:10:17 pm »
I know that there is a preview of the nx this year at e3...But any idea when it will be released? It will be interesting to see...Some sorta handheld/home console hybrid. I hope they learn from their mistakes with the wii u. Also,on a different note it is extremely hard to find the brand new gold cover version for winder waker hd. Here is a warning about this, there are a lot of retail and even ebay and az sellers that will advertise a stock photo for the gold cover version of the game. 99% percent of the time it is the standard plain version..I think it is wrong that they do this..I have had this happen to me and I returned the game. I'm just not keen on paying $100+ for the gold cover version.

Either holiday, or Q3, 2017. I would almost be willing to bet.

theflea

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 12:17:54 am »
I had a talk with someone from Gamestop and something came up about the NX and they said something to me that was hinted by a Nintendo rep and after hearing this I think it is possible that the NX will be out by the end of 2016 also it made sense why Nintendo was discontinuing making the Wii U, they did it before so it makes perfect sense. I want to say.. But at the same time it might just be another rumor that this rep is pulling. He also said that something will be announced at E3. we'll see.

"Happy game hunting!!!"