Author Topic: Final Fantasy Uncovered  (Read 4904 times)

soera

Re: Final Fantasy Uncovered
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition ... but I never got a confirmation email or anything. I am actually on hold waiting for Customer support but its been 31 minutes and waiting so far.

gf78

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26:09 pm »
I pre-ordered the Ultimate edition ... but I never got a confirmation email or anything. I am actually on hold waiting for Customer support but its been 31 minutes and waiting so far.

You may be F'd in the A on this one bud.  I heard it sold out instantly.   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 02:29:40 pm »
Well, I know the price is high, but your estimates would be on the more "ideal" side... Art books can get up to $50 depending on what the publisher decides, and the Play Arta figures for the other characters are retailing for $130 on the Square Enix store. Also, from the pictures, there might be three steelbooks...? It's difficult to discern.

I agree that art books and statues/figures can go pretty high.  The Play Arts Kai figures fetch ridiculous prices with the top notch figures selling for $150 easy.  I've bought art books that cost upwards of $60 and most can't be purchased for under $25 if they are decent and 8.5 x 11 dimension-wise.

But I still say they can shove it up their butt.  We've gone from the point where really, really great collector's editions with oodles of goodies cost $150 tops (Halo Reach was an awesome collector's set) to the same thing costing nearly as much as a new console....like this.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 02:33:20 pm »

I was in the same boat this morning, but I just logged into my S-E account again & checked my orders and it was there. The email showed up just after I discovered that. So login & check your orders under your account, see if it's there.

I'm still not 100% sure I'm gonna keep it, but I wanted to give myself time to make the decision.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 02:42:20 pm »

It was still available in Europe this morning but I decided against it. If it was €200 maybe I would have been tempted.

davifus

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 03:01:15 pm »
I didnt know about this. I'm on the waiting list.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 03:27:03 pm »
I agree the price is high and more than I've paid for anything in a long time. I chalked it up to my bf being a long time FF fan and preordering it to at least give me the chance to consider cancelling or keeping it. Limited CEs can be a bit of a gamble - some lose value as they're easy to find later while others still maintain (i.e. Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 04:34:22 pm »
It kinda sucks it's so overpriced.  I think it's really them trying to put one over a rabid fanbase.  I would've thought 200 bucks would be pushing it, let alone 270.

rayne315

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 06:03:40 pm »
It kinda sucks it's so overpriced.  I think it's really them trying to put one over a rabid fanbase.  I would've thought 200 bucks would be pushing it, let alone 270.

I don't think its putting one over. its a whole supply and demand thing. this is a VERY well known series that is releasing a limited amount of that collectors edition. the high price makes it so not too many people get upset because they couldn't get one (because of lack of supply), but also helps make sure that the people who REALLY want it get it. by the sound of it they really should have either raised the price more or produce more to help satiate demand for it at its current price if it sold out in mere moments.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 06:05:50 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 06:53:09 pm »

I don't think its putting one over. its a whole supply and demand thing. this is a VERY well known series that is releasing a limited amount of that collectors edition. the high price makes it so not too many people get upset because they couldn't get one (because of lack of supply), but also helps make sure that the people who REALLY want it get it. by the sound of it they really should have either raised the price more or produce more to help satiate demand for it at its current price if it sold out in mere moments.

It's just a regular limited supply collector's edition.  I don't think I've ever seen one so disproportionately priced to what it offers like this before.  Raising the price sounds even more ridiculous.

soera

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 07:11:15 pm »

The guy I talked to on the phone said it sounds like my pre-order went through cause they did place a hold on my bank. But still nothing in my account/email.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2016, 07:24:15 pm »

The guy I talked to on the phone said it sounds like my pre-order went through cause they did place a hold on my bank. But still nothing in my account/email.

Hopefully just a situation of the email getting lost! But glad that the order went through.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2016, 08:29:00 pm »
And boom! Email just arrived. :)

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:20 pm »
And boom! Email just arrived. :)

Yay!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 12:10:08 am »
I missed out the Ultimate Edition - it was gone within like 15 mins :(