Author Topic: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 22206 times)

theflea

Re: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »
I don't know if you guys have a Meijer in your town, but they had a big clearance on Nintendo Wii U & 3DS games.
While some where only like $10 off (like Zelda Tri-Force Heroes) others where more then half off.

I picked up...

Captain Toad (Wii U) for $19
Code Name STEAM (3DS) for $10
Little Battlers Experience (3DS) for $10
Tomodachi Life (3DS) for $8

I'll show them with my full week pickups at the end of the week but thought I'd pass along to go check out Meijer if you have one in your area.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »
Might have a decent PS1 lost off craigslist today. Will post pictures when I pick it up after work.

Flea, we have to hit up sales together sometime this summer so I can learn all your tricks and get the games you already have!

desocietas

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 06:57:30 pm »
I don't know if you guys have a Meijer in your town, but they had a big clearance on Nintendo Wii U & 3DS games.
While some where only like $10 off (like Zelda Tri-Force Heroes) others where more then half off.

I picked up...

Captain Toad (Wii U) for $19
Code Name STEAM (3DS) for $10
Little Battlers Experience (3DS) for $10
Tomodachi Life (3DS) for $8

I'll show them with my full week pickups at the end of the week but thought I'd pass along to go check out Meijer if you have one in your area.

I got Code Name STEAM for $10 at Gamestop (still at that price in case anyone can find it new), but the prices for those other games are great. I'd definitely get Tomodachi Life for $8, but I don't have a Meijer in my area :(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 07:24:15 pm »
Been wanting to get this since I got my SNES

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 09:12:11 pm »
So I had a craigslist deal that just went through. Not amazing prices like buying things for a few buck a piece but for what I got I paid $120 and theyre pretty decent titles.

- Saga Frontier 2 Complete
- Breath of Fire IV Complete
- Megaman X5 Loose
- Xenogears (Minus manual + janky home printed manual at top)
- Alundra 2 Complete
- The Legend of Dragoon Complete

So after I completed this deal I headed to the goodwill right across the street because I've never been there before. Its not great and is really old school in terms of stickers and just in general (the receipt was from an old school register, not even any computer screens.) So I'm looking in the CD section and DVDs for games and didn't see too much cool aside from a 3DO logo. Thought it might be a crappy 3dO game for the PC but lo and behold its D for the 3DO CIB minus the big box. This game goes for like $30 online. Brought this and the Diablo up to the register and paid my 2! dollars for the both of them. Overall I can say it was an amazing day.

theflea

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2016, 11:24:21 pm »
Might have a decent PS1 lost off craigslist today. Will post pictures when I pick it up after work.

Flea, we have to hit up sales together sometime this summer so I can learn all your tricks and get the games you already have!
always enjoy the company of a fellow gamer/collector worst part for you is getting here early morning. Lol
this is the main reason no one comes with me. But I've picked up people later in the day too.
While yes you would make out like a bandit just because of a collection the size of mine i get tons of extras.
i cant promise any rare finds. but everyone whos rode along with me finds a little something. The last time someone tagged along they got a bunch of gamecube & N64 games. Hmmm maybe i should start charging for ride alongs. Lol
"Happy game hunting!!!"

telly

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2016, 08:57:23 am »
I bought Shenmue this past week, and also bought a copy of NFL 2K to salvage a disc tray since my copy of Shenmue didn't have one in the front for the first disc.

Now, to pick up a Dreamcast... If only I had the space for one  ::)
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2016, 11:17:01 am »
I bought Shenmue this past week, and also bought a copy of NFL 2K to salvage a disc tray since my copy of Shenmue didn't have one in the front for the first disc.

Great system! You need one now! Its one of the smallest I own, can't use the space argument!

devancowan

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2016, 05:12:13 pm »
Picked up a few games at a thrift store yesterday. Surprised to see any original Playstation stuff there. It's actually the first time I've even seen it there even if it was just a few sports games. Grabbed Bioshock for the ps3 as well. Played that a while back but never actually got around to finishing it.

But the real news here is I finally can add Suikoden II to my collection again after owning it as a kid and somehow losing it  :)
Pretty much paid retail for it but I don't even care. It looks like it's brand new and I've wanted it for so long. I can't wait to start it up again!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2016, 05:33:54 pm »
All good on paying retail for Suikoden II. I did the same!

devancowan

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2016, 06:46:07 pm »
All good on paying retail for Suikoden II. I did the same!

With the tax return I figured now was as good a time as any since it probably won't get any cheaper!

Warmsignal

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2016, 10:35:23 pm »

I didn't expect Twilight Princess to happen, but when you see that thing, how can you not? Now I never have to open my GC copy. ;)

I also got this super duper rare game called Super Mario Bros. Got it because it's not the combo cart. Now I've got every variant of these combo cart games, and that wasn't really intentional.

These were given to me.

telly

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2016, 09:18:10 am »

Great system! You need one now! Its one of the smallest I own, can't use the space argument!

For me, I'm probably going to move into another apartment soon, and since I don't know what the space will be like or who I may be living with I'd rather not have 4+ game consoles to drag around along with everything else.

Who knows though, maybe my new roomates are gamers as well  ;D
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:38 am »
Finally got my copy of Summon Night 5 in the mail. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

rayne315

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2016, 11:07:55 am »

For me, I'm probably going to move into another apartment soon, and since I don't know what the space will be like or who I may be living with I'd rather not have 4+ game consoles to drag around along with everything else.

Who knows though, maybe my new roomates are gamers as well  ;D

wait... your moving into a place you don't know with people you don't know? If your looking to relocate to the Dubuque IA area im looking for a roommate and it will probably be cheaper than where you live
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully