Author Topic: Have you ever had someone spoil a game on you?  (Read 1173 times)

Have you ever had someone spoil a game on you?
« on: April 14, 2016, 01:58:57 pm »
My Brother ruined my Final Fantasy 7 experience when we first got it. He told me the ending while I was getting deep into it and most of the key things that happen that I had not gotten up to yet.  Especially on an RPG that relies a lot on plot and story.  to spoil the ending was tragic.  I would have rather been kicked in the balls lol. Now I lose out on having properly experienced the story of one of the best RPGs ever made.  Also one time I was in a game store and these two dudes spoiled the ending to The Last of Us.  I don't know which is worst, Stickers on labels or Spoiler Steves lol.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Have you ever had someone spoil a game on you?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:07:31 pm »
Unfortunately the YouTube comments section spoiled the MGSV story for me before it was even released. That sucked. I also spoiled MGS4 many years ago for my brother. I don't remember why exactly I did it, but I felt kind of like an asshole afterwards.

Badges

kashell

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »
Yep, FFVII got spoiled for me, too. I remember it well.

My friend and I were on a ski trip. He was much further in the game than me and the two of us were talking about it. As we went up the ski lift, he asked what I thought of it so far. I told him it was really cool and that I wanted to Cloud, Aeris and Tifa as my final party. He started off by saying, "You shouldn't really rely on Aeris. She doesn't pull her weight when the end of the game comes around." Eventually, by the time the ski lift was nearing the top of the hill, he couldn't hold it any longer and told me why not using Aeris in my final party was such a good idea.

I was livid. Not only at him, but also as the game. Of course, I wouldn't have the game play out in any other way.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »
I don't really get too invested in video game stories. My vote is for stickers on labels... now that ruins a game.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:26:22 pm »
I don't really get too invested in video game stories. My vote is for stickers on labels... now that ruins a game.
Stickers on labels, stickers on boxes, rental stickers/magnets on ANYTHING.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »
Stickers on labels, stickers on boxes, rental stickers/magnets on ANYTHING.

I just don't want the sticker on the label, usually it peels the label off. If it's elsewhere on the cart, I don't mind. Sometimes I will leave a sticker if it's like a price gun sticker, or if it is marked by an old store that is no longer around. Other times I'm just too lazy. Except with modern stuff, peel those stickers right off.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 04:49:52 pm »
undertale. I had been hearing that it was a phenomenal game and challenged a bunch of rpg tropes so I  really wanted to play and beat it. But about half way through the game I was told that: SPOILERS Flowey the flower from the very beginning was the real final boss after he kills the nice king. and that he would purposely crash the game a bunch of times and that it would be so freaky and cool at the same time... Kitty, I still hate you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a physical edition! Id easily buy it again!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully