Author Topic: Has a video game ever made you cry?  (Read 4453 times)

Has a video game ever made you cry?
« on: April 16, 2016, 02:11:02 am »
The Walking Dead season one gave me the feels lol. I think that's the only one that made me tear up a little.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Has a video game ever made you cry?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 02:15:42 am »
Never cried but Mother 3 gave me feels. It might have been the only game to do that. I'm a pretty tough nut to crack.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 02:15:44 am »
Definitely cried at the end of the Blackwell series (point and click adventure). Great characters and story.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 03:51:50 am »
Fragile Dreams is a melancholic experience for sure. But I've probably cried laughing at games more, usually during glitches or multiplayer games.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 04:16:36 am »
Many times.

If I get attached to a character and they die, I always shed a tear.

indenton

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 10:08:51 am »
Luckily for me, they were tears of joy and it was a few choice remixes in Smash Wii U.  No game has really made me that sad, I suppose I haven't played many games with sad moments.  I'm prepared for a particular scene in Final Fantasy VII, but dammit that particular character is the only vaguely likable character straight off the bat. 

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 10:41:01 am »
never

kashell

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:08:06 am »
Nope.

But, I got feels at the very end of Baiten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean. The way the game closes is so fantastic.

sin2beta

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 12:14:52 pm »
Nope. Not yet. I did watch the trailer of "To the Moon" on steam. It has the potential. Haven't tried it yet though.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

azure

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 01:52:38 pm »
I never really cry, but I do get the feels a shed a tear or two. A lot of games have done it, I tend to get easily attached to stories I really like. For the sake of naming one for this post I'll say Nier, because I absolutely love that game.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 06:16:47 pm »
The Walking Dead season one gave me the feels lol. I think that's the only one that made me tear up a little.

This.

And "Had to be me.  Someone else would have gotten it wrong."  If you've played, you'll know.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 06:33:51 pm »
Ace Combat 5 when ***spolier alert***** Chopper dies.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

rryan60462

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
The ending to Lunar Silver Star story made me cry when I originally played it. I wont spoil it, but basically when someone dies in a certain way it is totally unexpected and a pivital point in the story. I just read the text and got sadder with each word.

telly

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 03:25:50 pm »
Never cried but Mother 3 gave me feels. It might have been the only game to do that. I'm a pretty tough nut to crack.

Same for me man, same. I love that game in part because of how emotional it was!
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

abe

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »
Same for me man, same. I love that game in part because of how emotional it was!

Me too, though I'm sure you can tell by my profile picture. :P

The part where Lucas finally discovers the identity of the Masked Man is really emotional, despite how obvious his identity was to the player up until that point. It was the first time I really felt anything like that when playing a video game.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)