Author Topic: iphone problem  (Read 918 times)

iphone problem
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:49 am »

I have an iPhone 5, and have a real problem with the VGCollect interface on the device.  In "popover" modal windows with forms (i.e. add item to collection, add gallery image)  the builtin safari browser can't seem to understand the dimensions of the modal, and will only let it scroll to the very bottom of the window.  This puts the submit button in the bottom area that brings up the toolbar if you try to tap it.  Trying to scroll or zoom tries to affect the page behind the modal rather than the modal itself.  Very frustrating if I just entered information on a new purchase, and I can see the submit button but can't hit it. 
Fixing it might be as simple as adding more bottom padding to .modal-footer on mobile devices.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong since I couldn't find any other complaints about this issue in the forums.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: iphone problem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:55:38 am »
It isn't just you, browsing the site on android also has problems. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I can't view my collection past the PlayStation console option on the left side menu from time to time because the rest disappears. I can't stress enough how badly this site needs a search bar for searching through your collection for either specific or similar results when inputting a word.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:22:51 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 01:35:29 pm »
Hmmm, adding items to my collection seems to work ok on my Nexus 5.

I can also scroll the left sidebar of platforms in my collection just fine. Scrolls independently of the main window.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »
It's a come and go problem with me.

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 01:58:24 pm »
If anything, I'd like the option for a "view as desktop site." I know the current site *is* the desktop site, just reconfigured automatically for mobile screens, but there are some features that are missing when the site is adjusted for this.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 03:04:33 pm »
I wonder if I am doing something wrong since I couldn't find any other complaints about this issue in the forums.

Yeah....you are using an iPhone!   :P  I kid, I kid.  But really, it's a pain on any phone.  It works pretty well on my iPad, but it makes funny characters across the top of the screen and sometimes shows some random person's collection box in place of their avatar.   :o
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 04:56:00 pm »
I must be the oddball here. I've tried to use the mobile site before but found it more frustrating than using the abandoned VGC app. I'd rather deal with that crashing 10x per trip to the retro store than deal with the mobile site.

www.gamelust.com Looking for help with data entry and creating content(news/reviews).

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »
Hm, interesting. I'll have to bring it up with the other admin to see how things are looking on the mobile (non-app) front.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas