Author Topic: Collection sort by "recently added", "notes", display __ per page  (Read 781 times)

are any of these features likely to be added? A site like discogs (for my record collection) is the perfect example of all the sortable features I'd like to see on a video game collection site.
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

desocietas

Re: Collection sort by "recently added", "notes", display __ per page
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:03:41 pm »
are any of these features likely to be added? A site like discogs (for my record collection) is the perfect example of all the sortable features I'd like to see on a video game collection site.

Yeah, we definitely want to make some changes on sorting the collection. Our current workaround (but with very basic results) is to export your collection (accessible by going to http://vgcollect.com/settings) and sort there by the columns available.

Wish I could give you a timeline, but I'll check in with the admins to see where we are with those sorts of changes.

Welcome to the site!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 11:07:59 pm »
thank you! I'm pretty new here and I like it so far. From all the ones I've tried this site is the closest to what I'd like to see.

Plus the app is handy. thats bonus =)

another thing that could be helpful for the collection page is a 'view' setting to allow 'titles only' if it'll help get more titles on one page or what have you. I'm sure none of these things I'm mentioning are new ideas; they'd be cool nonetheless.
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »
another thing that could be helpful for the collection page is a 'view' setting to allow 'titles only' if it'll help get more titles on one page or what have you. I'm sure none of these things I'm mentioning are new ideas; they'd be cool nonetheless.

I totally agree with this one, too. Something to streamline the list so you can locate an item quickly without large images.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas