Author Topic: What if the galaxy is inside of earth?  (Read 2204 times)

Re: What if the galaxy is inside of earth?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 01:26:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure the earth is just a tiny, insignificant pebble in the vast cosmos.  A cosmos so large that the human mind is completely incapable of fathoming. 

I also think you've been doing too much drugs.   :P

No drugs for me bud.  I have lost sooo many friends to drugs to ever do them myself. I actually try to advocate against them when I can. My best friend overdosed on meth when I was 17. Drugs really ruined a lot of my family and friends. I seen how it changed him. He was one of my best friends and now he just has this blank expression. His brain is fried. It really sucks. He's not even the same person anymore. I miss the memories we had. While most of my friends did ecstacy and went to clubs, I always found myself playing GameCube. I lost a lot of friends because of it but I rather lose friends then to lose myself.

Yeah, you are probably right. We are definitely so small compared to the vast space around us. I just think a lot about our purpose and why we are so small and what else is out there. Why do we exist. Because the universe is impossible to know because it is so big. What created us and why did it? Answers we will never find. Their has to be a reason behind the madness.

rayne315

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 01:56:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure the earth is just a tiny, insignificant pebble in the vast cosmos.  A cosmos so large that the human mind is completely incapable of fathoming. 

I also think you've been doing too much drugs.   :P

No drugs for me bud.  I have lost sooo many friends to drugs to ever do them myself. I actually try to advocate against them when I can. My best friend overdosed on meth when I was 17. Drugs really ruined a lot of my family and friends. I seen how it changed him. He was one of my best friends and now he just has this blank expression. His brain is fried. It really sucks. He's not even the same person anymore. I miss the memories we had. While most of my friends did ecstacy and went to clubs, I always found myself playing GameCube. I lost a lot of friends because of it but I rather lose friends then to lose myself.

Yeah, you are probably right. We are definitely so small compared to the vast space around us. I just think a lot about our purpose and why we are so small and what else is out there. Why do we exist. Because the universe is impossible to know because it is so big. What created us and why did it? Answers we will never find. Their has to be a reason behind the madness.

I have the scientific answers generally agreed upon by the scientific community to the 2 bolded sentences.

our purpose is to live until adulthood strong and healthy. pick a mate/mates that are also strong and healthy to make kids that are strong and healthy and raise our kids so they can have kids themselves to keep both our race going strong and our own gene pool going. it is hardwired into our brains to seek this out. the reason it is hardwired in is because not only does it allow us to live for ever, in a sense, but it also makes our lives easier by having extra hands around to do the foraging/hunting/farming/fishing.

our parents created us for the above statement. their parents created them, and their parents created them, all the way back to either our planet being seeded for life by something/the first micro-organism to be produced from the primordial sludge which was present on our early earth/ some other scenario that I don't feel like researching right yet.

just speaking from the vastness of the universe in general it is a statistical certainty that their is at least one other place that harbored/is harboring life regardless of size/ intelligence

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:01:10 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

gf78

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »
I have the scientific answers generally agreed upon by the scientific community to the 2 bolded sentences.

our purpose is to live until adulthood strong and healthy. pick a mate/mates that are also strong and healthy to make kids that are strong and healthy and raise our kids so they can have kids themselves to keep both our race going strong and our own gene pool going. it is hardwired into our brains to seek this out. the reason it is hardwired in is because not only does it allow us to live for ever, in a sense, but it also makes our lives easier by having extra hands around to do the foraging/hunting/farming/fishing.

our parents created us for the above statement. their parents created them, and their parents created them, all the way back to either our planet being seeded for life by something/the first micro-organism to be produced from the primordial sludge which was present on our early earth/ some other scenario that I don't feel like researching right yet.

just speaking from the vastness of the universe in general it is a statistical certainty that their is at least one other place that harbored/is harboring life regardless of size/ intelligence

Since man has begun searching the stars in our own Milky Way Galaxy, we have detected over two dozen exoplanets (planets orbiting a star not our own) in the "habitable zone" or the area around the host star that could support liquid water on the surface.  That is with the Kepler space telescope focused on just one area of our galaxy and not "looking around" different directions.  Think about that:  over two dozen possible planets to support life.  Our own little Milky Way Galaxy is home to over 100~400 billion  :o stars and an estimated 100 billion planets or quite possibly a great magnitude more.  Our next closest galaxy is Andromeda.  Andromeda is approximately 20% larger than the Milky Way. 

To give you a sense of scale, the Earth is 93 million miles from the sun.  The New Horizons probe from NASA was launched on 09/24/2005 on it's way to Pluto.  New Horizons made it's closest approach to Pluto on 07/14/2015, nearly ten full years later.  New Horizons traveled at an average speed of 36,373mph.  That incredible speed....for ten years....to reach the furthest (dwarf) planet we know of in our little solar system. 

Studying the effects of gravity in the Kuiper Belt (the area at the farthest reaches of our solar system), scientists believe that there is at least one as-yet undiscovered ice giant planet past Pluto.

I guess I'm saying that the universe is an impossibly huge place.  I hope I'm still alive when we make contact with beings from another planet.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 02:36:22 pm »
That is the age old question of looking for life in the universe. According to the odds, there should be a crapload of inhabited worlds in our galaxy alone. But that begs the question: Where is everyone then? If there was other intelligent life out there, there should be easily identifiable evidence of civilization on these planets, yet we haven't found a shred of evidence of that.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 02:56:14 pm »
There isnt, we are alone. Just believe in God

;D

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 03:00:30 pm »
^ Even for those that do believe in the Bible, the Bible says that there are other beings out there. Because it says we were the only race of beings to fall to sin, implying that there are races out there that didn't.

gf78

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 03:09:46 pm »
That is the age old question of looking for life in the universe. According to the odds, there should be a crapload of inhabited worlds in our galaxy alone. But that begs the question: Where is everyone then? If there was other intelligent life out there, there should be easily identifiable evidence of civilization on these planets, yet we haven't found a shred of evidence of that.

When our own Sun is over 93 million miles from us and little Pluto is nearly 3.2 billion miles from Earth....that's pretty far.  Our best scientific knowledge and ability and it took 10 years to reach Pluto.  The universe is a grand, infinite space.  Our ability to look at other planets is extremely limited at this time.  It's not like we can pull up a telescope and survey the surface of a planet.

But on the flipside, we know so much more about our solar system now than 20 years ago.  We've found other dwarf planets orbiting our sun.  We landed rovers on Mars and have discovered water ice on it's surface.  We've learned how Mars has lost it's atmosphere.  We know that the moon Europa orbiting Jupiter has a thin atmosphere primarily made up of oxygen and that under the icy surface, there is (more than likely) vast liquid water oceans. 

Basically, we are still in our "interstellar infancy." 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 03:24:16 pm »
There isnt, we are alone. Just believe in God

;D
Hope you're kidding.  8)

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »

When our own Sun is over 93 million miles from us and little Pluto is nearly 3.2 billion miles from Earth....that's pretty far.  Our best scientific knowledge and ability and it took 10 years to reach Pluto.  The universe is a grand, infinite space.  Our ability to look at other planets is extremely limited at this time.  It's not like we can pull up a telescope and survey the surface of a planet.

But on the flipside, we know so much more about our solar system now than 20 years ago.  We've found other dwarf planets orbiting our sun.  We landed rovers on Mars and have discovered water ice on it's surface.  We've learned how Mars has lost it's atmosphere.  We know that the moon Europa orbiting Jupiter has a thin atmosphere primarily made up of oxygen and that under the icy surface, there is (more than likely) vast liquid water oceans. 

Basically, we are still in our "interstellar infancy."

We can, though. There's an entire project in NASA that I follow in one of my feeds that's entire goal is seeking out planets where this is possible life. They point out things like being able to see structures on the surface of a planet, or lights that would indicate civilization. They also keep a look out for evidence of any space-faring races which would include satellites, spacecraft, or even space junk. No such things have ever turned up. However, at the same time, they have found a large number of planets where it would be possible to support life.

It's the Kepler satellite that is assigned to this mission.

It was the Drake Equation that originally talked about the high possibility of intelligent life out there. But it has since been revised since the Kepler satellite found a lot of the hospitable planets to make it an even higher possibility, now.