Author Topic: Should i try Twilight Princess on Wii U or on Wii/Cube first?  (Read 1187 times)

I have never tried Twilight Princess yet and I want to pick up a copy this week. I am just not sure which to get first. I was thinking Wii U version but a friend told me it doesn't play the same as the Cube or Wii versions. The Wii version is the cheapest.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Should i try Twilight Princess on Wii U or on Wii/Cube first?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »
Hard to say when we know next to nothing about the NX.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:10:39 pm »
I've played it on Wii and GCN, GCN is a solid experience akin to the N64/GCN Zelda games.  I personally have no issue with the Wii-mote and motion controls, so I enjoyed playing it on the Wii.  I have not played it on the Wii U, but I'm willing to bet that it gives you the choice between the two controls as well as updated graphics, so it seems like the obvious choice.

wat?

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 04:19:14 pm »
I've beaten all 3, and honestly I'd say play the wii u version first, it improved on the loading times and the switching between wolf and normal link and much more. I wouldn't suggest the wii one unless you want to play the game mirrored.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 04:31:59 pm »
I've played it on Wii and GCN, GCN is a solid experience akin to the N64/GCN Zelda games.  I personally have no issue with the Wii-mote and motion controls, so I enjoyed playing it on the Wii.  I have not played it on the Wii U, but I'm willing to bet that it gives you the choice between the two controls as well as updated graphics, so it seems like the obvious choice.

wat?

I totally thought that said Legend of Zelda Wii U.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 05:10:41 pm »
I have never tried Twilight Princess yet and I want to pick up a copy this week. I am just not sure which to get first. I was thinking Wii U version but a friend told me it doesn't play the same as the Cube or Wii versions. The Wii version is the cheapest.

Definitely better on Wii U.  Looks better, plays better, it's a great update.  It's controller only also, so it's basically like an updated version of the Gamecube version compared to the Wii that used the wiimote.  Really it's probably best simply for the visuals which look way better now.  The old version had abit of an issue with blowing out the brightness with it's bloom and had kinda muddy textures.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 08:18:10 am »
It's controller only
Really?  That's kind of a bummer.  I figured they would give you the option.  Oh well.

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:47 am »
Well, sort of. They do give you the option of either the gamepad or the pro controller. You can play on either the game pad screen or the tv. When you use the gamepad screen, you can use motion controls to look around in first person mode when using certain items like the bow, hookshot, etc.  That's about it as far as controller options.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

gf78

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 09:30:58 am »
Since your main goal is to play the game and not collect it, go for the Wii U version.  It's the best version in every respect. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »
Wii U for sure. But if you want to save some coin/don't mind motion try the Wii version. The GameCube version is pretty much the same as Wii U except it trends around 60 - 70 bucks these days
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."