Author Topic: What is your all time top ten list?  (Read 3267 times)

gf78

Re: What is your all time top ten list?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 08:24:18 am »
"F*ck Casper Gomez and f*ck the Diaz brothers!  F*ck 'em all to hell!"

You know...I probably should have included Scarface in my "movies I have watched the most" list. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 08:31:25 am »
Top 10 Video Games (for me) in no particular order

1  Final Fantasy VII
2  Super Mario World
3  Halo Combat Evolved
4  Castlevania Symphony of the Night
5  Resident Evil 2
6  Super Metroid III
7  The Legend of Zelda
8  The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
9  The Last of Us
10  Quake III Arena
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

telly

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:35:59 am »
I don't really have 10 top games, so I only have a top 6! But they don't line up in order so here's my somewhat odd list

1. Silent Hill 2
2. Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
3. Mother 3
4. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
5. ?
6. ?
7. Final Fantasy X
8. ?
9. Mega Man ZX: Advent
10. Pokemon: Crystal Version

EDIT: Gotta provide an honorable mention to Mega Man Battle Network 6 ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:43:53 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

realpoketendonl

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 11:14:27 am »
A few disclaimers: I have only owned a DS, 3DS, Wii, (very bad) PC and now since a few months a PS3. And there are many supposedly amazing games that I haven't been able to play yet. If you're wondering why your favourite isn't on my list, check whether it's in my collection. If not, then it's probably not here because I haven't played it. Also, I know everyone knows this is based on personal opinion, but I'm saying it again because my opinion can be very unique sometimes.
Second disclaimer: I'm only adding one game per franchise. That seems like the most fair thing to do.
Also, I find it very difficult to make lists like this. However, I did my best. So my top 10 favourite games of all time is:

Surprised to see someone that's only owned something at the 7th generation.  Just didn't get into gaming in your early days or are you just young enough that mid 2000 was the time you got into gaming?

Whoops, I forgot to mention my NES. I now also have a PS1, but I have no games for it.
But yeah, I'm 17 years old, and my DS Lite and Wii were my first consoles ever. Since then I upgraded to DSi, and then 3DS, and my cousin gifted us his PS3 last christmas. He did also give us his NES about a year ago, and I got the PS1 very recently (though again, I don't have any games for it yet). As for PC, I've always been stuck with bad PCs. I'm going to do study Communications and Multimedia Design in a few months though, so I'll finally get a good PC soon. But yeah, the seventh generation was my introduction into gaming, and I grew up on Nintendo with the Wii and DS. I am a fan of retro gaming, but I haven't played many of the amazing retro games yet. I'm working on it though :)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 06:45:58 pm »
Whoops, I forgot to mention my NES. I now also have a PS1, but I have no games for it. But yeah, I'm 17 years old, and my DS Lite and Wii were my first consoles ever. Since then I upgraded to DSi, and then 3DS, and my cousin gifted us his PS3 last christmas. He did also give us his NES about a year ago, and I got the PS1 very recently (though again, I don't have any games for it yet). As for PC, I've always been stuck with bad PCs. I'm going to do study Communications and Multimedia Design in a few months though, so I'll finally get a good PC soon. But yeah, the seventh generation was my introduction into gaming, and I grew up on Nintendo with the Wii and DS. I am a fan of retro gaming, but I haven't played many of the amazing retro games yet. I'm working on it though :)

Good on ya.  I'm a positively ancient old fart (30 years this year...there's literally nothing older ever), so my first proper console was the Nintendo 64, but we were gifted a NES in 1990, so I've been playing Nintendo since the beginning.  It's why many of my top ten games are N64 related.  Cool to see the young folk who never grew up in an era of "bits" diving back into the old classics.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »

Good on ya.  I'm a positively ancient old fart (30 years this year...there's literally nothing older ever), so my first proper console was the Nintendo 64, but we were gifted a NES in 1990, so I've been playing Nintendo since the beginning.  It's why many of my top ten games are N64 related.  Cool to see the young folk who never grew up in an era of "bits" diving back into the old classics.

Same reason why most of my favourites are still on Wii and DS. It's what I grew up on, it's what I experienced the most of, and of course it's nostalgia. But as a huge Nintendo fan, of course I'd go back to the classics. And more often than not, older games are still a lot of fun to play today (either from Nintendo or in general). I started with the Wii, but I still love me a round of Tetris, Pac-Man or Super Mario Bros. Heck, I personally enjoy a quick game of Pong when I have to kill some time! There just are many amazing titles on older consoles, just like there are on newer ones. While they didn't make my list, I still love Paper Mario and Super Smash Bros on N64, or Excitebike and Super Mario Bros or even Duck Hunt on NES. And while some of those 'best game ever' titles like Ocarina of Time and Super Metroid are games I still either have to buy or come around to playing, it's just a fact that classic games can still be a lot of fun, even if they're old. Here in the Netherlands we have a saying: 'Old, but gold'. :)
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:31 pm »
Many nostalgic titles wich should never be so high.

1. Super smash melee
2. fire emblem shadow dragon ds tied with fire emblem blazing sword
3. mario kart double dash
4. Castlevania symphony of the night
5. Pokemon soulsilver
6. mario smash football gamecube
7. Castlevania bloodlines/new generation
8. mario galaxy 1 & 2
9. Second samurai megadrive
10. dragonball z advanced adventure GBA
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:00:01 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!