Author Topic: SFC translations  (Read 953 times)

SFC translations
« on: May 13, 2016, 08:14:36 am »
anybody have any go-to sites (or something like that) for help with translating phrases or menu options in Famicom/Super Famicom games? Or perhaps some of you are experts at this yourselves?
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

kashell

Re: SFC translations
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 08:18:18 am »
I'm not sure what you mean.

Like, are you looking for patching website or just a resource to help with certain menus?

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 09:15:19 am »
I think he just wants help identifying common japanese words used in menus.

The easiest thing to do is to view screenshots or video of English versions of the game. The layout of the options are usually the same throughout.
If there isn't any English version.... yeah.... ur out of luck. There might be a site with common phrases somewhere but wouldn't know where to look.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:01:47 am by badATchaos »

kashell

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »
Since every menu is a little bit different, it may vary from game to game. Like, "Item" usually looks like this: アイテム

But, again, things could vary.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 11:18:36 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean.

Like, are you looking for patching website or just a resource to help with certain menus?

I usually look for videos of a PAL version to get the idea of what they say.. admittedly my first comment here was vague -  I meant do any of you know of a forum that handles translation requests or anybody on this site or others who can read the Japanese text? I would like to just post pictures from the games that I can't really figure out and have someone decipher them for me..

I've alrready posted to Reddit translator, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience with this
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594