Author Topic: So how do you think the Angry Birds Movie will do?  (Read 1573 times)

So how do you think the Angry Birds Movie will do?
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »
A lot of people are saying the family appeal of the games, along with a triple A movie budget, may make Angry Birds the most successful video game movie and likely the biggest movie of 2016.

But I have also heard that this movie was overproduced, and that you'd have to create a very odd movie nowhere near the games concept for a film to even be possible turning people away.

I personally think it will do well, because Angry Birds just seems to still be selling and not just gamewise, but merchandise as well. I do agree though they put a big budget on the film however, that could make or break it. But I thinking even if they don't make back the movies budget alone, it likely would still not be far off, and merchandise sales would cover the rest.

maximo310

Re: So how do you think the Angry Birds Movie will do?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 12:04:55 pm »
It will defenitely do better than the Ratchet + Clank movie in box offices; still waiting to see how the World of Warcraft and Assassin's Creed movies turn out.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:35:29 pm »
I think it'll do pretty good. Definitely better than Ratchet & Clank (unfortunately), because I think even if you've never played the games, you can get into Angry Birds fairly easily, especially with the Hollywood star power they've got behind it.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:15 pm »
It will defenitely do better than the Ratchet + Clank movie in box offices; still waiting to see how the World of Warcraft and Assassin's Creed movies turn out.

Did Ratchet & Clank FLOP?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:03:05 pm »
I think it will do fine, I might take my nephew to go see it.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:23:50 pm »

$10.5 million worldwide, and a 16% on Rotten Tomatoes. It's pretty bad.

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 01:30:02 pm »

Damn.

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »

Damn.

It's a shame :( I thought it was a pretty good movie

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 03:41:38 pm »
Apparently, critics were saying it was actually good, and better than they expected.

It's mind-boggling that Hollywood can make a decent movie out of Angry Birds, yet the Super Mario Bros. movie exists.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 12:05:26 pm »

Damn.

|What were the main complaints?

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 12:46:34 pm »

Damn.

|What were the main complaints?

Late reply lmao. But the main complaints were that Ratchet and Clank didn't work as a movie (IGN), or in the quotes of the critics, had a story used in so many other animated features, idk, that's what wikipedia says.