Author Topic: XBL games and content  (Read 1372 times)

XBL games and content
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:38:32 am »
I have about $100 worth of Xbox money that expires next week, so I need to spend it.

What are some good digital only games and add-ons available on XBL?

azure

Re: XBL games and content
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:01:11 am »
I'll just shoot one of my favorites for each platform to check out.

Xbox 360: Black Knight Sword
Xbone: D4

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:09:43 am »
Shadow complex

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 10:17:29 am »
A few of my favorites:

-Shovel Knight - Must have if you're a fan of old-school platformers. This one mixes DuckTales with RPG elements and an excellent soundtrack for a very fun experience.

-The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - If you like hack-n-slash RPGs like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, then this one is a lot of fun to play through. It sets itself apart by being in Victorian England and having a monster/evil theme rather than a medieval theme like most games of this genre.

-Bionic Commando: Rearmed - If you like the original NES game, then this is more than worth playing through. It's a fully updated and modernized version of that game.

-DuckTales Remastered - There is a physical version of this, so I don't know if you really want it. But if you do settle for digital, this game has all the fun of the original with better graphics and a bit of fan-service added. As well as extra end-cap levels!

-Bloodrayne Betrayal - I've only actually played the demo of this. But the next time I have some XBox Live credit, I plan on picking this one up. It's a Metroidvania-style hack-n-slash platformer, but with more focus on the action side of things.

-Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - This collects the two beat-em up arcade D&D games. It has some great, eye-popping 2D graphics. And it mixes RPG-elements into the beat-em up gameplay making for a much more satisfying experience.

-X-Men: The Arcade Game - Just some fantastic, old-school, Konami beat-em up action that you can team-up with friends on. Play as the 80s X-Men and fight your favorite mutant villains.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:01:57 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 10:38:32 am »
-Bionic Commando - If you like the original NES game, then this is more than worth playing through. It's a fully updated and modernized version of that game.
You talking about the 360 reboot or the arcade games?  I know the reboot had a physical release, but I've not looked at any of the arcade ones, Rearmed or whatever.

So far, I'm looking at Rocket Knight, Castlevania HD (Harmony of Despair), Costume Quest, and Alan Wake (The arcade game).

Most of the games listed I already own.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 11:01:33 am »
-Bionic Commando - If you like the original NES game, then this is more than worth playing through. It's a fully updated and modernized version of that game.
You talking about the 360 reboot or the arcade games?  I know the reboot had a physical release, but I've not looked at any of the arcade ones, Rearmed or whatever.

So far, I'm looking at Rocket Knight, Castlevania HD (Harmony of Despair), Costume Quest, and Alan Wake (The arcade game).

Oops, yeah, I meant Rearmed.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 11:02:40 am »
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light is another great one. It's not a typical Tomb Raider game, at all. It's closer to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance in it's gameplay, but with more focus on puzzle-solving.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 11:06:23 am »

Oops, yeah, I meant Rearmed.
I assume Rearmed 2 is also worth checking out?

I already own Costume Quest for PC, so maybe I won't waste my money on another copy of that game.

Looking at Burnout Crash!, Happy Tree Friends, and Warlords (apparently there are 2 games called Warlords on XBLA, and they are basically the same game)

My money expires next week, so this week and weekend I'll check out all of the games listed that I don't already own and play the demos.  YAY XBL for having demos of all games.

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 11:48:52 am »
Lights End.

It's like chrono trigger and final fantasy. It's a really great one that no one talks about, I still remember it 6 years later.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:51:49 am by dreama1 »

stealthrush

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »
Some of my favorites that are worthwhile;

- NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (exclusive)
- Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury (exclusive)
- Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (exclusive)
- The King of Fighters '02 Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
- Strider (2014)
- Hard Corps: Uprising
- Double Dragon Neon
- Eschatos
- Moon Diver
- Trouble Witches Neo!
- Omega Five