Author Topic: Bands you listen to the most  (Read 2451 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Bands you listen to the most
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 12:49:10 pm »
Megadeth - Been a big Megadeth fan for about 15 years now.  They have their ups and downs in a few areas, but I generally love nearly all of their albums and Dystopia that just came out is one of their better ones in years.

I actually just sold my copy of Dystopia on eBay. I wasn't a big fan of it. It wasn't terrible. Risk is still their worst album, IMO. But it just sounded too much of the same. There was no variety on the album. Every song was almost the same song.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 12:03:34 am »
Metric

just saw them live last month.. Old World Underground and Grow up and Blow Away are 2 of the very best the genre has to offer over the past 15 years.
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 05:45:48 am »
Megadeth - Been a big Megadeth fan for about 15 years now.  They have their ups and downs in a few areas, but I generally love nearly all of their albums and Dystopia that just came out is one of their better ones in years.

I actually just sold my copy of Dystopia on eBay. I wasn't a big fan of it. It wasn't terrible. Risk is still their worst album, IMO. But it just sounded too much of the same. There was no variety on the album. Every song was almost the same song.

It's not perfect, but after Super Collider, Thirteen, and even Endgame, it was my favorite since United Abominations.  Dystopia, A Threat is Real, and Fatal Illusion are pretty killer live also as I was fortunate enough to see them for the first time a few weeks back.  I would've liked a few more songs with some real Thrash punch to them, like Headcrusher, but I still enjoyed it.  It was a great turn around for the band after Super Collider.  Plus Kiko might be the best guitarist they've had since Marty.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 07:56:29 am »
Metric

just saw them live last month.. Old World Underground and Grow up and Blow Away are 2 of the very best the genre has to offer over the past 15 years.
Your username reminded me, I also listen to Sloan a lot too. Which in turn reminds me that I listen to Hollerado as well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 07:58:14 am by ctracy87 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 12:46:08 pm »

It's not perfect, but after Super Collider, Thirteen, and even Endgame, it was my favorite since United Abominations.  Dystopia, A Threat is Real, and Fatal Illusion are pretty killer live also as I was fortunate enough to see them for the first time a few weeks back.  I would've liked a few more songs with some real Thrash punch to them, like Headcrusher, but I still enjoyed it.  It was a great turn around for the band after Super Collider.  Plus Kiko might be the best guitarist they've had since Marty.

I'll admit it was better than Collider. Collider just sounded like they were trying way too hard to go mainstream.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

I'll admit it was better than Collider. Collider just sounded like they were trying way too hard to go mainstream.

I guess I'm stuck in the past, but my favorite Megadeth album was Youthanasia.  Second would be Countdown to Extinction.  I also really enjoyed some of their movie tracks like Angry Again and their No More Mister Nice Guy cover.  Risk was their worst album, opinions be damned.  I could never sit and listen to that entire thing. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 01:48:26 pm »
Rust in Peace was by far my favorite album by them. A true metal masterpiece from beginning to end. Not a bad song on the album. And yeah, Risk is the worst, said that in an earlier post, too. Prince of Darkness wasn't a bad song, from Risk, though.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 02:06:43 pm »
Metric

Your username reminded me, I also listen to Sloan a lot too. Which in turn reminds me that I listen to Hollerado as well.

haha me too! such a durable, consistent band..  Sloan has always been a nickname of mine, and when I was producing music as a youngster people always assumed Sloan would be the appropriate stage name for me...   

i knew of course that name was already taken lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:11:26 pm by sloan11 »
Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594